Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did the Otamendi defenders head off to? Has been a good servant to the club but is an absolute liability at this point. Shouldn't play unless absolutely necessary.
As an Otamendi defender I should say I was unfortunately busy so I missed the game today.

I have no idea how he played today, but I'll gladly make a fool of myself and say I still like him whatever happened.

It's been pointed out time and again that it wasn't Pep's decision to not bring a replacement in and there have been numerous reports that he was pretty pissed off at the fact we didn't.

Also I know that no-one wants to speak ill of Kompany, but the club normally work on transfers from January/February, finding players, getting in touch with the agents, sounding the clubs out, working out who is really available, putting together dossiers on the players which include deep dives into their personal lives as well as on the pitch. That's 5 months before the window opens - that's how long it takes to set up these £50m+ deals and have them come off with a pretty good hit rate.

Kompany told Pep he was leaving on 17th May. Fucking May!

I love him but deciding to leave the day before the last game of the season really isn't helpful to everyone trying to run the club and made a difficult job of replacing him pretty much impossible.

Kompany can no longer string many games together and needed to be managed very carefully to get very best out of him (which isn't an ideal situation for us). This stretches back to Pellegrini's time where he was missing large chunks of the season . Kompany felt he could no longer compete and bowed out on a high (although it was short notice) . We have had ample time to start searching for and signing a suitable replacement.

Kompany can no longer string many games together and needed to be managed very carefully to get very best out of him (which isn't an ideal for us). This stretches back to Pellegrini's time. Kompany felt he could no longer compete and bowed out on a high (although it was short notice) . We have had ample time to start searching for and signing a suitable replacement.

Pep had already decided long before VKs decision that Stones and Otamendi were not good enough/reliable. Otamendi went from team of the season, to 4th choice. Stones in and out of the side. We should have already been looking for CB options whether VK was staying or not.

Pep had already decided long before VKs decision that Stones and Otamendi were not good enough/reliable. Otamendi went from team of the season, to 4th choice. Stones in and out of the side. We should have already been looking for CB options whether VK was staying or not.

True and we should signed a replacement a lot sooner than last summer but we still had a restricted budget and other priorities that needed urgent attention, and we did sign Laporte a the same time as van Dijk so they must of felt we had adequate cover.

we looked at options there was obviously maguire we also looked at ake as well i think both were over priced and in the case of the latter definitely not good enough.

True and we should signed a replacement a lot sooner than last summer but we still had a restricted budget and other priorities that needed urgent attention, and we did sign Laporte a the same time as van Dijk so they must of felt we had adequate cover.
Restricted budget? According to who? The 2018/19 accounts say we spent £109m net post year (which means 2019/20 obviously) and that was for 3 players with one of them Angelino who was cheap. Decent whack was spent on Morgan Rogers too who cost £4m+£4m.

So we basically spent £100m net on two players (Cancelo and Rodri). Does not sound like restricted budget to me.

Would we really have been much worse off if Garcia had played more than him? He's always at the scene of the crime

Restricted budget? According to who? The 2018/19 accounts say we spent £109m net post year (which means 2019/20 obviously) and that was for 3 players with one of them Angelino who was cheap. Decent whack was spent on Morgan Rogers too who cost £4m+£4m.

So we basically spent £100m net on two players (Cancelo and Rodri). Does not sound like restricted budget to me.

Financial fair play was more prominant under Pellegrini ( the period where there were major injury concerns on Kompany)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.