Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s on 120k a week. No one is paying that for a 32 year old Otamendi, hence why it will have to be partly subsidised by a low transfer fee.

I am not sure we know that but even if true how did we get in the situation given what I said ? I suspect a lot of clubs in Europe are paying a fortune for players Athletico and a few of the big Italian clubs are probably paying a lot based on former glories

We also say wages are a problem when it comes to other players we want rid of but again we are supposed to be paying not so much when compared to other big clubs and basing it on bonuses etc

Yes, I remember you saying after that season that he should be sold , because he had played really well, ,picked in the premier TOTS.)

Not sure if serious but yes I did say that, I was never a fan of Otamendi to be honest and saw his Centurion season for what it was, something extraordinary for a player of his caliber. Posters here were calling him world class and so on. It’s like Dele Alli, remember when he scored 18 PL goals a few years ago and had a £100m price tag, bet Spurs really regret not selling.

Otamendi has been a great servant to the club and a value purchase but he could have been sold and replaced when the time was right.

Not sure if serious but yes I did say that, I was never a fan of Otamendi to be honest and saw his Centurion season for what it was, something extraordinary for a player of his caliber. Posters here were calling him world class and so on. It’s like Dele Alli, remember when he scored 18 PL goals a few years ago and had a £100m price tag, bet Spurs really regret not selling.

Otamendi has been a great servant to the club and a value purchase but he could have been sold and replaced when the time was right.

I have a fair memory lad, I remember.
If a player is on a good wedge , he is not going anywhere for less wages, so selling is not always an option.
He suited our front foot defending, but as the midfield press has detiorated recently it has left him exposed.
Not as poor as some posters have made out, but as i say often, many posters can only do extremes because strengths and weaknesses are a little harder to work out.
As a multiple trophy winner and a multi cap international some top coaches rate him higher than the posters have.
Personally have always thought he was a strange mix of qualities and weaknesses.

Liked him to be honest although he could produce many a brainfart. What I'll remember most is his headed goal v Norwich that rivalled Mick McCarthy's against United back in 86 and of course his goal v United at the swamp. We've certainly had inferior defenders for sure.

Before 17/18 he would often look like the best CB in the world for 89minutes and the worst in the world for 1. In 17/18 he was brilliantly consistent, everything just clicked into place for him.
After this peak I thought we should have sold him because, as his game was always about being on the edge and challenging for every ball, I always felt like his decline would be quite sharp, esp. in a Pep/high line team.
We probably could have got 50m for him in 2018 but now we won't even get 5m. Bit annoying but I wish him well. Inter under Conte could be a good move for him.

Before 17/18 he would often look like the best CB in the world for 89minutes and the worst in the world for 1. In 17/18 he was brilliantly consistent, everything just clicked into place for him.
After this peak I thought we should have sold him because, as his game was always about being on the edge and challenging for every ball, I always felt like his decline would be quite sharp, esp. in a Pep/high line team.
We probably could have got 50m for him in 2018 but now we won't even get 5m. Bit annoying but I wish him well. Inter under Conte could be a good move for him.
You display a level of foresight that is rarely encountered in footballing circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.