Nigel De Jong.. Top Drawer

im not sure yet, he played well on sunday but in the fulham game he was awful and got bullied by danny murphy!! might be me being a bit harsh?

ill let him settle in more then judge him next season!!

I think the direction Hughes might go when he gets his target man up top will be a more 4-4-2 like formation. Obviously we will have a sqaud to be more flexible, but I think when de Jong really gets going and starts to dominate games we can afford to have Stevie there alongside him considering Stevie's excellent work rate.

I can see our fully fit team next year being something like this, replacements included

Given/Hart Goalkeepers

Richards/Zab Right Backs

One of Komps/Neds or Dunnie centre back

Bridge and AN.Other for left back

De Jong and Ireland in a more conventional 2 in midfield. Johnno obviously depending on fitness

SWP/Elano for the right

Petty and AN.Other for the left/Bellamy maybe

Robbie in the hole

Bellamy/the Boj/ target man up top depending on the circumstances

in a formation something like this. All fit and bang on form

Given

Richards Kompany Onouha Bridge

SWP De Jong Ireland Petrov

Robinho
Santa Cruz

Subs bench of Bellamy, Bojinov, Hart, Zabaleta, Johnson, Elano, Dunne

That's top 6

Think he is quality he is one of those players that you do not notice until he is not there. Plays an extremely important position. He will be brilliant for us next year with some more fitness training and a good pre-season. Basically he is our makelele.

The formation we use is currently the one adopted by both Chelsea and Liverpool and it's a case of getting the right blend for the middle three.

With Vinny, De Jong and Ireland I think, at the moment, we lack drive, the ability to shoot from distance and are short on passing range.

Ireland brings goals, creativity and energy but De Jong and Kompany are too similar in that they both break up play and keep it simple. We need someone who can either hit 75 yard wonder balls, has power and is box to box or hits 25 yard screamers....preferably all three. Maybe this is where Johnson can step in....

The Fat el Hombre said:
De Jong is a proper tidy player

It goes unnoticed to the untrained eye... but yeah.. he's very neat... wins the ball without fuss... lets it off without fuss.

If we build our team around him next year as I've posted above and with an engine of him and Stevie, we won't go far wrong.

HardyBarlow said:
The formation we use is currently the one adopted by both Chelsea and Liverpool and it's a case of getting the right blend for the middle three.

With Vinny, De Jong and Ireland I think, at the moment, we lack drive, the ability to shoot from distance and are short on passing range.

Ireland brings goals, creativity and energy but De Jong and Kompany are too similar in that they both break up play and keep it simple. We need someone who can either hit 75 yard wonder balls, has power and is box to box or hits 25 yard screamers....preferably all three. Maybe this is where Johnson can step in....

see I don't agree with this three in the middle lark. It was brought in by Mourinho and now everyone is trying to copy it.

With the right two in the middle any variation of 442 will work. You need wingers who will absolutely scare the shite out of full backs, which we have. Add Weiss to that too.

We will have a lot more variaton next year and no matter what permutation i can come up with, Nigel is pivotal.

I guess his passing is ok and all that, but as he is supposed to be this big strong player I think he is easily bullied, like that block who just pushed him easily aside and scored, think it was fulham. Has been ok but nothing more by any stretch of the imagine. But could come good next season when he has had a little time to settle and get to know the premier league. I expect ALOT more from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.