Nigel De Jong

Dukers said:
The top and bottom of it, De Jong is not a good player. "He's tough", "He's a tackler". No he isn't. He's a headless chicken who chases shadows. He kills any forward play cos he can't pass the ball for shit, so sideways or backwards he goes. City have the capabilities and promise of playing fast, furious football that most of the Premiership couldn't handle - this won't happen while De Jong wears a city shirt. He ain't good enough for where we want to go. Let's get out of the mindset that a 'battler' is what we need. All of the players should be doing that....the difference being, is that the other players have talent to go with it.
agreed... had the same debate in pub last nite after match...

I am a fan of NDJ mainly attitude, for me its bang on but he really needs to add more to his game, forward passes for a start!

Hughes was interested in both de Jong and Palacios, and picked the wrong one. Palacios is on a different planet in terms of mobility, dynamism and covering the whole pitch

He makes forward passes but clearly not as many as some. But his main job in a 3-man midfield is to take the ball and pass it to one of the two other midfielders in front of him and he does that well most of the time. I can usually count atleast 1 forward key pass he makes in a game too. He definetly have a place in the team.

Dukers said:
The top and bottom of it, De Jong is not a good player. "He's tough", "He's a tackler". No he isn't. He's a headless chicken who chases shadows. He kills any forward play cos he can't pass the ball for shit, so sideways or backwards he goes. City have the capabilities and promise of playing fast, furious football that most of the Premiership couldn't handle - this won't happen while De Jong wears a city shirt. He ain't good enough for where we want to go. Let's get out of the mindset that a 'battler' is what we need. All of the players should be doing that....the difference being, is that the other players have talent to go with it.

Wow.

The Dutch national team manager seems to rate him quite highly (as does Mancini, obviously), but what do they know? Especially compared to some of the football brains on here.

Dukers said:

This. All he does is tackle and pass backwards..I'd rather have Barry and Paddy V in midfield..

1337 said:
Dukers said:

This. All he does is tackle and pass backwards..I'd rather have Barry and Paddy V in midfield..

i think its fair to say that nigel is a hughes type player, a thug, a good one at that. better than having wimps in there. better to have him in your team than play against him.

Heard some guy behind me shout at him "do you want to be the next Ray Wilkins" which was quite funny at the time!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.