Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart said:
Somebody ITK needs to have a quiet word in the ear of either RM or NDJ before pen is put to paper. The Rags will be cheering like mad if this deal goes through. He is the Beast, after all. A world beating ball winner. Without his strong tackling, we will simply not get the ball.

Why? He didn't start in either derby last year and was a bit part player as we won the league

LoveCity said:
Galliani is taking the piss and trying to get him for £3million. £3million! The haggling continues, I hope City can get at least £6million for him but don't have too much hope.

I was thinking more like £8million, for a midfielder of his quality, but yeah not much hope. Milan is probably coming with a begging bowl to take NDJ back..

Been offered a contract, wont sign a new contract and cn leave for free next summer, dont have much of an option.

Georgian Maestro said:
lionheart said:
Somebody ITK needs to have a quiet word in the ear of either RM or NDJ before pen is put to paper. The Rags will be cheering like mad if this deal goes through. He is the Beast, after all. A world beating ball winner. Without his strong tackling, we will simply not get the ball.

Why? He didn't start in either derby last year and was a bit part player as we won the league

By goal difference. Several of the games that Nigel came on during, like QPR, Newcastle and Norwich, basically won us the game. Such an important player, as he allows others to get forward.

Anything less than 8 mill is a pisstake and we may as well keep him, use him and let him go free next year, if he so wishes. A 6 million pound defecit means fuck all, but losing Nige and not having a replacement come in, means a lot.

The lad has got form for not signing a new contract. Remember, we got him from Hamburg when he had just 6 months left on his contract there. Pretty devastated tbh that he's on his way. Can't see them lot paying him more than what we offered him.

It would be crazy to sell NDJ, if this deal happens then something must be going on that we don't know about because if he goes and no replacement if brought in we will be much much weaker as a squad. I'm hoping against hope this isn't going to happen.

I'm starting to wonder if RM has heard the saying "if it isn't broken , don't try to fix it", we are the PL Champions we need a little touch here and there nothing more, #worried

Georgian Maestro said:
lionheart said:

My thoughts exactly

Happy Feet said:
Been offered a contract, wont sign a new contract and cn leave for free next summer, dont have much of an option.
But keeping him another season is worth more than the paltry 3 million being offered. Hopefully, Nigel will see the sense of seeing his City contract out and then choosing where he wants to go thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.