Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
JamesA said:
NipHolmes said:
That's right to be fair. However I do base my opinion on facts, some are internationals and proven more and some are unproven and still breaking through.

I defy anybody to debate that we are stronger with Rodwell and Sinclair over De Jong and Johnson.

I'm with you mate, I have been totally uninspired by the transfer activity of the club this summer, there seems to be little overall plan, I would have rather we kept Johnson and De Jong and kept the group together than bring in allsorts of mediocre replacements.

So in essence you want to keep a player who won't sign a new contract, and a player who wants to leave so he can get regular game time. Hardly inspires good morale

I'd rather have got another year out of De Jong than sell him for peanuts, Rodwell aint ready to step into De Jong's shoes I'm afraid.

As someone else said, i suppose the real sin is in not adequately replacing these players, if they have to go then yeh fair play, but the replacements haven't inspired me at all.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
NipHolmes said:
sam-caddick said:
Robinho and Torres were deadline day deals.

Never rule anything out.

Both went down as shocking signings, as did Berbatov who was a last minute signing oh and Carroll for Liverpool.

Best deals are thought through, bedded in and given a pre-season.

De Rossi being signed late to excuse Roma of spending the incoming cash is feasible but we are really putting our eggs in one basket if we rely on this. Unless the paperwork is signed and everything is hush hush until we break the news, I can't see it happening. What stops Roma from saying 50million euros or no deal?

Every club we go to will charge us ridiculous fees because they smell desperation and wont have time to sort out a deal for themselves.

De Rossi is different because they have the Yank, Bradley I think he's called. They have a replacement maybe? But if we go for any other top player we are really going to struggle if we haven't already got the deal in place.

Robinho was not a shocking signing at all.

Well it shocked me

pauljv92 said:
Hes Gone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43m14&feature=g-u-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43 ... ture=g-u-u</a>

:(

NipHolmes said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
NipHolmes said:
Both went down as shocking signings, as did Berbatov who was a last minute signing oh and Carroll for Liverpool.

Best deals are thought through, bedded in and given a pre-season.

De Rossi being signed late to excuse Roma of spending the incoming cash is feasible but we are really putting our eggs in one basket if we rely on this. Unless the paperwork is signed and everything is hush hush until we break the news, I can't see it happening. What stops Roma from saying 50million euros or no deal?

Every club we go to will charge us ridiculous fees because they smell desperation and wont have time to sort out a deal for themselves.

De Rossi is different because they have the Yank, Bradley I think he's called. They have a replacement maybe? But if we go for any other top player we are really going to struggle if we haven't already got the deal in place.

No he really wasn't. Loaning him out to Santos and paying his wages and then losing £20mill on him with so little service was a great deal.

It was a great statement but really wasn't a good signing.

I agree that we ended up losing out financially but Robinho's first season was pretty impressive.

JamesA said:
grim up north said:
JamesA said:
I'm with you mate, I have been totally uninspired by the transfer activity of the club this summer, there seems to be little overall plan, I would have rather we kept Johnson and De Jong and kept the group together than bring in allsorts of mediocre replacements.

So in essence you want to keep a player who won't sign a new contract, and a player who wants to leave so he can get regular game time. Hardly inspires good morale

I'd rather have got another year out of De Jong than sell him for peanuts, Rodwell aint ready to step into De Jong's shoes I'm afraid.

As someone else said, i suppose the real sin is in not adequately replacing these players, if they have to go then yeh fair play, but the replacements haven't inspired me at all.

It's dead easy spending other people's money tho

pauljv92 said:
Hes Gone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43m14&feature=g-u-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43 ... ture=g-u-u</a>

The fans who have commented on there are not happy with the de Jong signing.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Cobwebcat said:
FFP biting hard.

I wonder if NDJ wages partially going to Silva to keep him here.

We are getting a taste of what happens at Arsenal.

I stupidly thought we would kick on from our Prem win.

Perhaps we had it too good too quick ;-(

Don't be so wet.

Well argued. I particularly liked the way you tackled the issue of FFP and our owners desire for sustainability and applied that to our transfer dealings. Oh wait....

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
NipHolmes said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

No he really wasn't. Loaning him out to Santos and paying his wages and then losing £20mill on him with so little service was a great deal.

It was a great statement but really wasn't a good signing.

I agree that we ended up losing out financially but Robinho's first season was pretty impressive.

Well he was a poor signing then. You get judged on your career and he didn't liev up to the hype. We got a moody twat who played up, we had to pay for him whilst on loan and then lost £20mill when we sold him. It was an horrendous deal!

I do however think he'd be doing a lot better if he had signed now rather than then but point remains never the less.

From the Milan forums, they know this is a steal.

3.5 million!! Galliani continues to be the envy of every other club in Europe. Thats easily one of the deals of the summer. The best manager sniffs out the best value opportunities in the market, and acquires them. And Galliani is the very best.

Whether Kaka comes or not, we already have a midfield much better than the last season. And a more flexible attack.

Benvenuto Nigel!

[bigimg]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg[/bigimg]

JamesA said:
grim up north said:
JamesA said:

I don't think Mancini plans on asking anyone to do a De Jong job. The team's success did for him. Total football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.