Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Pubteam Lomas said:
We will not sign De Rossi, as this is too big a transfer to complete on the last day but this move surprises me as Mancini stated we were short in this midfield.
Also he started at Liverpool which suggests the manager still trusted the player.

Robinho and Torres were deadline day deals.

Never rule anything out.

Both went down as shocking signings, as did Berbatov who was a last minute signing oh and Carroll for Liverpool.

Best deals are thought through, bedded in and given a pre-season.

De Rossi being signed late to excuse Roma of spending the incoming cash is feasible but we are really putting our eggs in one basket if we rely on this. Unless the paperwork is signed and everything is hush hush until we break the news, I can't see it happening. What stops Roma from saying 50million euros or no deal?

Every club we go to will charge us ridiculous fees because they smell desperation and wont have time to sort out a deal for themselves.

De Rossi is different because they have the Yank, Bradley I think he's called. They have a replacement maybe? But if we go for any other top player we are really going to struggle if we haven't already got the deal in place.

sam-caddick said:
Pubteam Lomas said:
We will not sign De Rossi, as this is too big a transfer to complete on the last day but this move surprises me as Mancini stated we were short in this midfield.
Also he started at Liverpool which suggests the manager still trusted the player.

Never rule anything out.

Can see the Sun writing their headline now
TORRES AND ROBINHO IN DEADLINE CITY MOVE!

Hes Gone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43m14&feature=g-u-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmi8pl43 ... ture=g-u-u</a>

This doesn't look like a good move for us and the fee being bandied about is very poor, even for a guy with a year left on his contract. De Jong wouldn't sign a new contract though and we need total commitment. Failure to replace him adequately will be the real sin.

JamesA said:
NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
Fact is that's your opinion

That's right to be fair. However I do base my opinion on facts, some are internationals and proven more and some are unproven and still breaking through.

I defy anybody to debate that we are stronger with Rodwell and Sinclair over De Jong and Johnson.

I'm with you mate, I have been totally uninspired by the transfer activity of the club this summer, there seems to be little overall plan, I would have rather we kept Johnson and De Jong and kept the group together than bring in allsorts of mediocre replacements.

So in essence you want to keep a player who won't sign a new contract, and a player who wants to leave so he can get regular game time. Hardly inspires good morale

NipHolmes said:
sam-caddick said:
Pubteam Lomas said:

Never rule anything out.

Both went down as shocking signings, as did Berbatov who was a last minute signing oh and Carroll for Liverpool.

De Rossi being signed late to excuse Roma of spending the incoming cash is feasible but we are really putting our eggs in one basket if we rely on this. Unless the paperwork is signed and everything is hush hush until we break the news, I can't see it happening. What stops Roma from saying 50million euros or no deal?

Every club we go to will charge us ridiculous fees because they smell desperation and wont have time to sort out a deal for themselves.

De Rossi is different because they have the Yank, Bradley I think he's called. They have a replacement maybe? But if we go for any other top player we are really going to struggle if we haven't already got the deal in place.

Robinho was not a shocking signing at all.

FFP biting hard.

I wonder if NDJ wages partially going to Silva to keep him here.

We are getting a taste of what happens at Arsenal.

I stupidly thought we would kick on from our Prem win.

Perhaps we had it too good too quick ;-(

ballinio said:
looks to me like what we feared has happened,Platini`s ffp rules have worked, we are now running scared & offloading high earners, unless Mancini pulls a rabbit out of the hat we`ll have Rodwell doing De jong s job, we certainly are weaker than last season already. Fuckin joke.
Unless Nastasic struggles like Savic I'd say we'll be stronger. And if Maicon is half the player he was then he'll be a very good signing.

Cobwebcat said:
FFP biting hard.

I wonder if NDJ wages partially going to Silva to keep him here.

We are getting a taste of what happens at Arsenal.

I stupidly thought we would kick on from our Prem win.

Perhaps we had it too good too quick ;-(

Don't be so wet.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
NipHolmes said:
sam-caddick said:

Never rule anything out.

Robinho was not a shocking signing at all.

No he really wasn't. Loaning him out to Santos and paying his wages and then losing £20mill on him with so little service was a great deal.

It was a great statement but really wasn't a good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.