nigel ding dong. its bite the bullet time

GStar said:
Ricster said:
We have enough quality now to be playing only Barry or De Jong. Having both of them on the pitch at the same time cramps their games, Barrys in particular.

Disagree, Barry's performances have been poor since we switched to 442. He's not great going forward, he's suited better to a 3 man midfield imo, where he can put in the leg work knowing he has options ahead and cover behind him.
totally agree with this barry looks very leg weary to me may be time for a rest

There's no doubt that NDJ is a world class Def Mid, but we haven;t won since he re-established himself and I will be very surprised if he starts v Burnley.
He is the best player to turn to against Arsenal or Chelsea who have a lot of possession but when we will be hogging the ball then Ireland and Barry should play. He may be taking some of Barry's positions too

GStar said:
Ricster said:
We have enough quality now to be playing only Barry or De Jong. Having both of them on the pitch at the same time cramps their games, Barrys in particular.

Disagree, Barry's performances have been poor since we switched to 442. He's not great going forward, he's suited better to a 3 man midfield imo, where he can put in the leg work knowing he has options ahead and cover behind him.

Barry and De Jong have played in a midfield 3 twice this season. 1 win and 1 loss, but i agree totally about the 4-3-3. It is by far the formation we should be using.

big blueballs said:
GStar said:
totally agree with this barry looks very leg weary to me may be time for a rest

"Leg weary and time for a rest"?
First week of bloody November?
Christ - its a hard life when all you get is £60k a week for busting your balls for 3 months.
Unless he is carrying an injury that we are unaware of,a seasoned England international should not be entertaining thoughts of tiredness before sodding Bonfire night.

Playing NDJ instead of Ireland is definately a case of horses for courses. There is missing link between Attack and Midfield against lesser opposition which Tevez is trying to fill and failing. Take NDJ out and play Ireland.

Personally I would play Bellamy instead of Tevez as well.

I've said it before and I will say it again, de jong is the most overrated player in the club. At the beginning of the season, first three games, he didnt play apart from 10mins against pompey i think, we kept three clean sheets. Since he has come in we haven't kept one until yesterday, and that is due to a missed penalty and super shay. look at villa, he goes off at half time, ireland comes on and we played very well second half, no fluke in my opinion, villa, who are a top 7 team then took off young(slightly injured), but brought on reo-coker in order to try and stem our attacking threat. now, no way should we ever be going to birmingham who have only scored 8 all year and play 2dm's doesn't work and i feel until hughes changes it we aren't going to see much change to our current run of form.

bluedan12 said:
I've said it before and I will say it again, de jong is the most overrated player in the club. At the beginning of the season, first three games, he didnt play apart from 10mins against pompey i think, we kept three clean sheets. Since he has come in we haven't kept one until yesterday, and that is due to a missed penalty and super shay. look at villa, he goes off at half time, ireland comes on and we played very well second half, no fluke in my opinion, villa, who are a top 7 team then took off young(slightly injured), but brought on reo-coker in order to try and stem our attacking threat. now, no way should we ever be going to birmingham who have only scored 8 all year and play 2dm's doesn't work and i feel until hughes changes it we aren't going to see much change to our current run of form.

Than fuck for that, I was thinking I was the only one who thought that playing Ding Dong wasn't working for us.

Ricster said:
GStar said:
Being discussed in the Tevez thread atm...

I don't agree. I don't think its a case of one having to suffer for the other; both should play. Playing Ireland over De Jong solves nothing, we still have two players in CM playing thier un-natural game.

Ireland can't get forward and be as effective as often, Barry has to join in going forward on occasions again leaving us exposed and under performing in midfield.

Have to agree here Ricster.

Even on away games where i can just about give credence to playing both together, i see no chemistry between them at all. And there is definately a missing link in the middle between the 6 man defence and the forward line.

Be happy to see either of em do the job as they are both work horses but not together. Ireland has paid a big enough price for a couple of average games early on and anymore time on the bench and his confidence will be totally shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.