Nigel Farage

giphy.gif

Every time I see this thread get bumped.

I know , how dare somebody with a different opinion be allowed to express their freedom of speech
Death to all men who think differently to the tolerant left !
This reads like you're having a pop at @Thaksins Love Child freedom of speech.

I find it fascinating how figures like Farage who have climbed the political ladder, are paid handsomely for newspaper articles, and when compared to their peers, enjoy a disproportionate amount of airtime to spread their lies and abhorrent views, yet still claim their freedom of speech is being oppressed.

I wonder, what exactly it is he wants to say, that he feels he can't?

With freedom of speech warriors like Farage, freedom of speech isn't an issue, it's a desire for their speech to go unchallenged.

This reads like you're having a pop at @Thaksins Love Child freedom of speech.

I find it fascinating how figures like Farage who have climbed the political ladder, are paid handsomely for newspaper articles, and when compared to their peers, enjoy a disproportionate amount of airtime to spread their lies and abhorrent views, yet still claim their freedom of speech is being oppressed.

I wonder, what exactly it is he wants to say, that he feels he can't?

With freedom of speech warriors like Farage, freedom of speech isn't an issue, it's a desire for their speech to go unchallenged.
They don't feel it, but it plays to an audience who grew up with Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language, who read the Daily Mail and Daily Express and absorb fear with every turn of the page. It is powerful to say that you are speaking up for the little guy who cannot get a hospital appointment now, or whose grandchildren cannot get a school place. There is absolutely nothing clever about him, what he says, or what he stands for. He is a one-trick-pony, inflaming for his own ends and those who fund him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.