Nigel Gleghorn

MIKEYP said:
Prophet of Doom said:
It gets on my tits that this guy commentates for BBC Manchester.

BBC must really be scraping the barrel if the onlyt ex player they can get to commentate and provide punditry on the blues is some clown from the north east that played 30 league games back in 1989.

Get a local blue on, or somebody that has played long enough for us to care, not this idiot
Totally agree.Give me Andy Hinchcliffe any day.
Who spent about 30% of his career with us, least he's local coz he went to my school!

the goats backside said:
Had to listen to GMR for league stoke away...... never again jesus Fred Eyre. He said with man advantage City only team to win, ! min later were losing. When GB equalised he started to do a match summary as if it was finished ie city have gone 4th, there was about 8 mins left with injury time, found myself screaming at radio, shut the ...k up, i honestly couldnt tell when final whistle went, never again FE aged me 10 years that night, city 5

That has to be my biggest bugbear with football commentators; assuming the end result with about ten minutes to go. Alan Green the Drama Queen is the worst culprit, surprise surprise. I've lost count of the times he's said, "and there's the winner in the 79th minute... xxxxx have sealed the three points...game over etc etc".

Grrrrrrrr. Makes me mad.

Phuk Tifano said:
the goats backside said:
Had to listen to GMR for league stoke away...... never again jesus Fred Eyre. He said with man advantage City only team to win, ! min later were losing. When GB equalised he started to do a match summary as if it was finished ie city have gone 4th, there was about 8 mins left with injury time, found myself screaming at radio, shut the ...k up, i honestly couldnt tell when final whistle went, never again FE aged me 10 years that night, city 5

That has to be my biggest bugbear with football commentators; assuming the end result with about ten minutes to go. Alan Green the Drama Queen is the worst culprit, surprise surprise. I've lost count of the times he's said, "and there's the winner in the 79th minute... xxxxx have sealed the three points...game over etc etc".

Grrrrrrrr. Makes me mad.

Green does his 'game over' routine purely in order that it will be a clip of his commentary used during the sport headlines/round-up, the egotistical arse.

whilst driving to stoke for the cup game he was on saying how bad city were and that stoke would do a number on us and then on the way home had to listen to him all over again, yeah we did get beat, but you dont want to hear ex city players predicting it and then bragging about it afterwards

Abiding memory of Gleghorn (bizarrely) is not of him playing but of a couple of fans at the Oxford United away game when they used to play at the Manor Ground.

We were 2-0 down after about 20 minutes but finished up winning 4-2. I remember two lads, absolutely bladdered, climbing the fence at the front - not actually going over the top, just climbing it - singing "Nigel is our dad, Nigel is our dad, oh Nigel is our dad!"

Supposed you had to be there, but it was funny!

Have vowed never to listen to Radio Manchester on the way to or from a home match whilst Nigel Gleghorn is the pundit. This after having listened to him on Radio Stoke after the league game when he took great delight in saying " it was lucky the ref took no action over the Viera incident, because now the FA can step in a give him a 3 game ban". He also ran Man City down at every opportunity. Have complained to Ian Cheeseman about it too.

I always have GMR commentry while I'm at the match and I quite like the fact that Nigel is impartial. There's nothing worse than biased local reporting that bares no resemblence to the truth. I also think that he reads the game very well often explaining how Mancini's tactics may or may not be working and suggests ways in which the team can be changed in order to effect the game.
Keep up the good work Nigel!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.