Ritz
Tropicana
Legends
Playpen
Saturdays
Sachas
Then the real fun started;
Bookbinders for the recently divorced women who wanted a bit I young stuff
Friday in the Conte for the nurses who wanted a bit of anything - depending how I felt I was Pete the policeman or Phil the fireman.
Saturday at the match back of the north stand talking over the previous nights goings on.
Happy happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bookbinders, owned by Elkie Brook's (real name Elaine Bookbinder) brother who was in the Dakotas'. Cousin to Susan Bookbinder, City fan and broadcaster.

Had many a great Thursday night in there..

Thanks for the clip..

Do you remember the guy called Chalky in there, got any uppers mate
I used to go in the early 90's. I rember the guy who used to wear a single white glove. Mid to late 30's. Eyes like saucers, doing some wierd version of the conga with himself up and down the dance floor.

There were some right nutters in there but I loved it. My favorite spot was over by the stage in the corner by one of the speaker stacks.

The first club I ever went to was the place at Belle Vue on Friday night.
They had a ball room dancing evening above it and all of the grannies used to come down
afterwards. I was 16 at the time so didn’t have the experience or nous to make the most of it :-)
Anyone remember what it was called.

Placemate7
Rotters
Ritz
Tropicana
Legends
Playpen
Saturdays
Sachas
Then the real fun started;
Bookbinders for the recently divorced women who wanted a bit I young stuff
Friday in the Conte for the nurses who wanted a bit of anything - depending how I felt I was Pete the policeman or Phil the fireman.
Saturday at the match back of the north stand talking over the previous nights goings on.
Happy happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought nurses night was Monday or Tuesday in the Conte ? But I'm getting on a bit, cloud 9 on cross street was a good night.

Yeah, I don't know much about his story tbh but for awhile, Gatecrasher was the center of the trance universe
Depends where your preferences lay. If you liked your trance a bit harder and less melodic then The Orbit in Morley was far better (although it did also descend into techno there tbf). Gatecrasher was pretty mainstream imo.

The first club I ever went to was the place at Belle Vue on Friday night.
They had a ball room dancing evening above it and all of the grannies used to come down
afterwards. I was 16 at the time so didn’t have the experience or nous to make the most of it :-)
Anyone remember what it was called.
Zoobdo disco ?

John Bull off Market St for an eye full of skin on a Friday lunchtime then pile into the Golden Gate club on Oxford Rd approach. Swinging Sporran always a laugh, Yetis downstairs and the indie crowd up top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.