Nightclubs

Always started off in the Salisbury pub on Wakefield St and the on to any of the following...

The Hunting Lodge on Oxford Road
Rotters
Tiffany’s
Placemates
Devilles
Cellar V
Legends (usually Thursday nights - they gave out drink tickets!)

Up to about 1982 and then it was The Cyprus Tavern - great music

Depends where your preferences lay. If you liked your trance a bit harder and less melodic then The Orbit in Morley was far better (although it did also descend into techno there tbf). Gatecrasher was pretty mainstream imo.

It might be mainstream compared to the Orbit, which was bloody fierce, but even at Gatecrasher the tempos were high, as was most of the crowd to keep up with that till 6am. Mitsubishi, in a word.

No mention for Libertys in Sale?

Brilliant back in the day!

Depends which day you mean. I went there briefly for a while in the early 90s, bizarrely on a Tuesday night I think it was - the Key 103 mad night out with Stu Allan behind the decks. A sell out every week - absolutely nuts, thinking back.

It might be mainstream compared to the Orbit, which was bloody fierce, but even at Gatecrasher the tempos were high, as was most of the crowd to keep up with that till 6am. Mitsubishi, in a word.
Yeah, upon reflection, maybe I’m being a bit unfair comparing it to the Orbit. Little bit of apples and oranges there.

No mention for Libertys in Sale?

Brilliant back in the day!
Where was Liberty's... Was that the on the main road ...by the Canadian Charcoal PIt ??? Or that the Blue ...something or other ? Used to hang in Sale a lot some ok pubs there as well !

Where was Liberty's... Was that the on the main road ...by the Canadian Charcoal PIt ??? Or that the Blue ...something or other ? Used to hang in Sale a lot some ok pubs there as well !

Yes in Sale and just down the road from the Charcoal Pit which was always heaving come 2am!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.