Nightclubs

A few brilliant ones; soundgarden, hacienda, kinetic at longton, bowlers, jillys/rockworld, mr smiths, quest in wolves, 051 and cream in liverpool, venus and rock city in notts, libertys in sale, hamiltons I think it was called (near woodbank park).
And a few grim ones too - rotters (only once thankfully), that one that was built in stockport near the station, the bamboo,
Along with all the gigs, surprised I've got any hearing left tbh

Butterflies and Henry Africa's in Oldham. The ladies used to like Henry Africa's; )

Haha , very true , was also something like the Bali Hoo ( now a hotel ) , surprised no one has mentioned the John Bull in town just behind the stairs leading down to the underground market

Konspiracy
Devilles
South
42nd street
Brickhouse
Devilles lol. They used to do a punk night in there at weekend, early 80's. I dropped an acid tab, and had a few slurps of mushy juice from a Vimto bottle on the bus into town. I was out of my tree. My mate gave me a fiver saying "get us both a pint mate". I forgot about the bar and slumped against a support pillar in the club and was staring at the *spiral carpet. I was tripping away for some time. I snapped out of my trip and stood up, and started wandering around. My mate spotted me - "Bloody hell, where the fuck have you been"?. .... "I saw that carpet and liked it mate".

*Everytime I hear the band Inspiral Carpets I think of that moment in Devilles: )

Brutus Gold's Lovetrain in The Ritz - best nights of my life in there! If you were one of the 'chosen ones' to get up on stage, you were treated like a celebrity for the rest of the night!

Anyone remember Kells, used to be at the Marriott in Hale, had some quality nights there in the 90’s.

Millennium in Alderley Edge, Equa Vina at the Airport Hotel just outside Wilmslow, and the good old Hacienda were my main drug fuelled haunts.
Kells was brilliant, my best friend was the managers girlfriend (now married) so never paid to get in or for drinks :) Preferred Millennium when it was Yesterdays and we mustn't forget The Valley Lodge and not a club but The Town House on a Sunday night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.