Nine years ago today....

I've only managed to get to 4 league games and two friendlies in the Sheikh Mansour era, but the Celtic game where Tevez made his debut was one of them (Gaz Baz too, iirc). I remember him coming on in the second half and the buzz of excitement was amazing.

I also remember my 9 year-old son getting an education in 'football banter' between the Celtic fans and some City fans sitting around us in the corner! Luckily he couldn't understand half of what the Celtic fans were shouting.

He really must have been the hardest player for a defender to play against. Outstanding work rate and ability. What a player. He is easily in my top 10 players and Ive been watching for 45 years.

What a signing. The banner was worth the fee alone. And as a few have mentioned being at Wembley, watching him lift the FA Cup and forcing those classless scumbags to remove that banner was a moment I never imagined would be topped (Enter Agueroooooo).

In full bulldog mode was special and I’m so glad he came back and played a part in the league win for his sake. All is forgiven from my end even though he acted the twat on many an occasion with his transfer requests and bench antics and had his holiday.

Stoke game after the cup win is a standout memory for me. As far as City free kicks go, his on that evening is right up there with the best of them. Also a goal against Wolves(I think) earlier that season sticks out. Think he must have beaten 5 players. His close control was just insane. And so many memories of him just sliding the ball home so calmly even though he always looked so frenetic.

Thankful we got to see him in blue and can only imagine how good he’d have been with a more settled life outside of football and an attitude like Vinnie or Dave. Thanks for the memories Carlitos!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.