No criteria for citycard

glen quagmire said:
hgblue said:
If you are a SC holder with 1000 points and I'm a CC holder with 5000 points, then I'd argue that I've paid the club more money and over a longer period. Or am I missing something?

Yes mate, you're missing a ST.
lol... if you`ve 5000 pts on a cc id be amazed

At the end of the day, there are anomlies in any system. It's impossible to be fair to everyone but you can maximise the amount of people you are fair to and the way City have done it does exactly that.

Whilst I have sympathy with a supporter who has 3,500 loyalty points and had to ditch his season ticket for one year only, it is equally possible to have someone with 3,500 loyalty points who has not been to a game for three years, yet some on here try to claim they are more eligible for a ticket than someone who has coughed up £500 supporting City this year compared to their £0.

At any club in the country, season ticket holders get priority for big games and that is something that everyone is fully aware of at the start of each season.

ANY1aBLUE said:
jimharri said:
I've been told by the ticket office that if you're a CC holder, you can more or less forget about it.

not much point in the citycard scheme over all these years then was there.................Disenfranchised supporter's club anyone?
F C City go for it kid

JoeCity21 said:
hgblue said:
Exactly. The concept that the club should distribute it's tickets to the most deserving supporters, based on the fairest measure available which is loyalty points, is not a difficult one to grasp surely?

True. But then the argument comes in of "I pay my £400 in August, I'm entitled to a Wembley ticket" but no, it should just be loyalty points outright. Especially in the recession, seasoncards can be extremely hard to pay for in one sum.

We can hope that Citycard holders with more loyalty points than some seasoncard holders can get tickets, then it becomes fair.

To my mind this system discriminates against poorer supporters and those who work shift patterns. I don't think it's fair and it dates back to days when clubs had no way of tracking supporters attendance records. The technology is now there and SC holders should be rewarded by having a boost to their loyalty points, but should not be given priority over those with more points than them imo.

hgblue said:
JoeCity21 said:
True. But then the argument comes in of "I pay my £400 in August, I'm entitled to a Wembley ticket" but no, it should just be loyalty points outright. Especially in the recession, seasoncards can be extremely hard to pay for in one sum.

We can hope that Citycard holders with more loyalty points than some seasoncard holders can get tickets, then it becomes fair.

To my mind this system discriminates against poorer supporters and those who work shift patterns. I don't think it's fair and it dates back to days when clubs had no way of tracking
supporters attendance records. The technology is now there and SC holders should be rewarded by having a boost to their loyalty points, but should not be given priority over
those with more points than them imo.

Absolutely spot on. Fair play to the seasoncard holders, they pay the money and yes, they are supporters of MCFC, but as you say they shouldn't be given priority over those who have more points than them.

JoeCity21 said:
hgblue said:
To my mind this system discriminates against poorer supporters and those who work shift patterns. I don't think it's fair and it dates back to days when clubs had no way of tracking
supporters attendance records. The technology is now there and SC holders should be rewarded by having a boost to their loyalty points, but should not be given priority over
those with more points than them imo.

Absolutely spot on. Fair play to the seasoncard holders, they pay the money and yes, they are supporters of MCFC, but as you say they shouldn't be given priority over those who have more points than them.

What if you haven't set foot in the stadium for five years?

DD said:
JoeCity21 said:

What if you haven't set foot in the stadium for five years?

I'd suggest that all loyalty points should be null and void if you don't set foot in the stadium for ONE season.

I am suprised people belive that they are better supporters based on points, I have 4120 points on a city card jacked season ticket in when they sacked sven.
As far as city are concerned (purchase history)I have been to city twice this season the derby and liverpool. So why should I get a ticket over some new season card holder who as been to every home game this season when I have probably stayed at home and watched the game either on tv or the internet.

Season tickets have and always will come first and that is the way it should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.