No Excuses Today - We Can't Defend.

Freestyler

Every cross that comes in we look like conceeding, i absolutely CRINGE when the opposition have a corner or a free-kick, the back 4 are so fragile, i really don't know what lescott or richards were doing today, for me kompany should be in that back 4, he's no longer required now we have de jong, i can accept individual bad performances but todays second half was the whole team as a let down not just the back 4,

It's been like this for a few games now and you can't deny it, we've been treding on thin ice over the last few weeks and some how we keep getting away with it, wigan at times we were shocking last week, today against a better side and due to fulhams really poor finishing we could of been a couple down by half time and second half they could of scored 3 aswell, we never deserved to be 2-0 up and a better team today would of spanked us,

Haangeland is fuckin class, i said at the beginning of the window we should of gone for him, we could of got him at half the price of lescott, today adebayor didn't have a sniff against him, only a matter of time before onw of the top 4 sign him.

Wayne Bridge for me was class again, improving massively everygame, i can recall him giving the ball away maybe once, he was solid, only bridgy can come away from todays game and be happy with his defending.

Overall hughes needs to break the bank in January, not convinced with lescott at all, kompany everytime for me.

I agree, but name some good defenders that we have any hope of getting come January. There is a shortage of good defenders. We're not the only ones who have been all over the shop defensively speaking. It is being said about a lot of prem teams for some reason.

I think Hughes is now at the crossroads. If he goes in asking for more money to strengthen the defense he knows he might just get asked about the £50M he has spent there. He will only be able to tough it out and try to claim that:-

They need more time to get to know each other.

Played too many games so they are tired.

Other teams up their game against us and get lucky.

Etc, Etc, Etc

Pam said:
I agree, but name some good defenders that we have any hope of getting come January. There is a shortage of good defenders. We're not the only ones who have been all over the shop defensively speaking. It is being said about a lot of prem teams for some reason.

Maicon
Haangland (the one who took the piss out of our forwards today)
Alves
Van Buyten

Bring back DVB !! Any high ball comes in and out it goes again. Simples.

Freestyler said:
Pam said:

Maicon
Haangland (the one who took the piss out of our forwards today)

Well let's hope we get him then. Him and Maicon, both.

Agreed OP. Its very poor, I do the same, the only time I smiled today from their free kicks, corners etc was quite near the end when that bloke in 121 area blew the horn when they were taking a corner!

Well played that man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.