No Excuses Today - We Can't Defend.

The defence is becoming the scapegoat for our ineptitude. For me its about the whole team and can be summed up in one word - committment.

I think each player is committed, but committed to do their 'bit' ie they will try hard when they have the ball or a challenge to make on their opposite number, and they probably feel they are putting in a decent shift. But teams such as Manure, Lpool (esp yesterday) and recent opposition are all committed for the team. We broke at one stage yesterday but before Bellars had got up the pitch, and he was moving fast, fulham had more players back than we had even started to move forward. We need to work much harder when we havent got the ball, the way we are playing puts pressure on the defence and results in us sitting in, inviting pressure, which leads to ineviable mistakes. Even the best make mistakes under pressure like that - look at Vidic yesterday - Torres made him look like Dunny on mogadon.

Hughes needs to get a grip on this now, but my worry is that he should have sorted it already and therefore does he have it in his locker??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.