No extension for Aguero?

He'll be 29/30 - he'll be in his pomp. I cannot see that one of the all time greats will retreat into Argentinian football at that stage in his career. Lots of water to flow under the bridge until then, not least of which is the Pep 'effect' and the likelihood that he will be winning major trophies alongside some of the planets greatest players.

That said, when I read it, I was sad.

He'll be 29/30 - he'll be in his pomp. I cannot see that one of the all time greats will retreat into Argentinian football at that stage in his career. Lots of water to flow under the bridge until then, not least of which is the Pep 'effect' and the likelihood that he will be winning major trophies alongside some of the planets greatest players.

That said, when I read it, I was sad.
He'll be 31 when his contract finishes in 2019 that would give him 2 or 3 years back in Argentina I'm happy with that.

The initial rumors were that he was going to sign a 1yr extension which would kind of tie up with this, then it changed to a 5yr contract.

Will be heartbreaking to see him leave but hes already paid back his transfer fee. Will be one hell of a final game in a few years. Perhaps even a testimonial type game.

So we should have another 3 seasons with Sergio after this one and he'll have been with us for 8 seasons in all which is a long time to spend at one club in the current game, especially for such a great player.

As long as he goes to Independiente and not some other club in Europe than can't really begrudge him wanting the move and just hope the next 3 years with him and Pep are something special.

Doesn't that suggest that he be with us for just two more seasons after this one? The WC is in Summer 2018, so that would mean he plays next season then the following season will be his last.

I'm not quite sure how to take this news.

After 2019, he won't be in his prime. It would be the perfect time to depart for someone that will go down as an all-time great for us. I just hope he can be top scorer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.