No problem if Newcastle beat us and ...

I'd play the kids and make it obvious that we'd rolled over for them, just like Redknapp did v Manure, dropping key players as they were "not right"

Nothing I'd like more than Redknapp twitching and bitching about it.........

Hodgson for England!!!

oakiecokie said:
OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?
2nd place is far from assured if are run of bad form continues

Never be satisfied with City losing, unless it meant MANUre copping for nowt! I came into this football world with a NUFC goal in the first minute taking the stuffin' out of our 55 Final, so I've harboured a malevolence for all Magpies! Even if Mike Ashley wanted to share his fortune with me, I would still have a bit of 'dog-in-the-manger' feeling about Newcastle.

If we're assured of second by the time we play them, and a Newcastle win would deny Chelsea or Arsenal a Champions League spot, I'd consider resting a few.

I for one wouldn't mind it now. If they deprive Chelsea of a top 4 place it means we have less competition to sign the likes of Hazard, Higuain, Cavani and Tiote etc. Hopefully Spurs miss out and Redknapp moves to England job leaving Bale, Modric and VDV pondering a move, which yet again could be picked up. Especially Bale.

Always nice to see an underdog do well to, Pardew doing a tip job there buying the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa all for 25 ish million. When you think he moved Carroll on for 35 you can really see how good a job they are doing. Fair play them imo, I always hope for a City win but if we could pick our loss it would be to unsettle the London clubs.

dannyburns4 said:
oakiecokie said:
OK simmer down boys and girls for one moment.
Come the Newcastle game and we were already assured of the Runners Up spot and no chance of winning the PL either,would you like the Magpies to beat us,if it meant that they could effectively jump ahead of both Spurs and Chelsea and grab that CL 4th spot.
Be a right kick in the nuts to both London clubs and the thought of them both losing more cash would be wonderful.
My only regret would be for our supporters who spend £`s on travelling to away games and seeing us beaten again.
Or could you stomach it as a "one off" based on probabilities ?
2nd place is far from assured if are run of bad form continues

Thats why I want three points on Wedneday,to give us at least a CL spot !

lionheart said:
But Arsenal are catching us. They don't even have to win all of their six remaining games for us to finish third. The way we are playing, I cannot see us winning another game this season. Four draws and two defeats beckon.

Can't really see Arsenal catching us unless we have a complete collapse , and i don't think that's likely , even with our current poor form .......

Arsenal are the equivalent of three wins and a draw behind us now , with only six games left ... and their fate would really be in our hands ....... and as their is a 'sizeable' goal difference between the two of us in our favour , another eight points would almost certainly hand us the runners-up spot.

To be honest I hope Nwcastle fail to get into the top 4. If either Chelsea or Arsenal fail to do so it will make them stronger in the league.

I always want City to win, regardless of the fixture or it's importance.

I honestly hope Newcastle can do it and that they take that 4th Champion's League spot, they've been exceptional this season, really unexpected. They've got some really top quality players there now (although defensively they look fairly poor). Cisse has been unstoppable since he joined. Chelsea have been awful this season and really don't deserve a Champion's League spot, and Spurs are in freefall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.