No superstars next season

Hughes knows that he has till Jan to make an impression hence the reason for going for Prem experience players in Barry, Tevez, Johnson, Lescott and sprinkle a bit of Eto'o magic in there as he needs to hit the ground running next season to show the owners he's the man to take the club forward.
Hughes see's Eto'o as the target man needed and he wont need time to settle in as he's quick, strong, wont be bullied and knows where the net is, all the ingredients for a prem striker.
They have given Hughes the chance to show them what he can do.......hopefully in Jan were in a good position in the league that he has taken that chance!!

Jackal said:
I don't think it would be a bad thing if we didn't have too many superstars in our team. I remember Borussia Dortmund putting together a formidable side in the 90's that was made up of the best German players and a few stars like Paulo Sousa. If Hughes does buy the best of British (like Johnson) and adds the odd superstar (Tevez) I still think we can challenge for the league in the coming seasons.

Is it just me but I don't see Tevez as a "superstar" ... he's the next level down

for me a superstar are the likes of Messi, Kaka, Tranny (unfortunately), Torres etc
the top 10 or so players in the world

Bloody hell you've got very high standards. Don't tell me the Utd fans have got to you? Since it's emerged he MIGHT be moving to us all of a sudden he isn't "all that". Bullshit! He is one of the best players in one of the strongest international sides and and was influential in Yoonited winning the league, pulling them out the shit against Spurs and Wigan when Ronaldo went missing.

In my opinion Tevez is undoubtedly a superstar and he could be one of THE players at the world cup next year.

Jackal said:
Bloody hell you've got very high standards. Don't tell me the Utd fans have got to you? Since it's emerged he MIGHT be moving to us all of a sudden he isn't "all that". Bullshit! He is one of the best players in one of the strongest international sides and and was influential in Yoonited winning the league, pulling them out the shit against Spurs and Wigan when Ronaldo went missing.

In my opinion Tevez is undoubtedly a superstar and he could be one of THE players at the world cup next year.

My definition of Superstar is different to your's super star are the world best players the one that win the world player of the year award or it looks like they will the like of Kaka, Messi, Ronnie in his day, Zidane at his best, even Beckham (media whore)

Tevez is what I would term world class and I would love it if we get him ...... he could possible at a push enter the superstar bracket in the next year depending on the world cup performance (top scorer and world cup winner, but that would be amazing with that plonker that's managing Argentina ).

I've stopped being obsessed with the idea of 'Superstar' signings. I want us to buy quality players that will deliver, regardless of their name.

If Hughes and the scouts have been doing their homework, they will have young targets lined up in Europe as well as the Premier League, that are very good prospects to go on to be top quality players. Hopefully anyway.

Just a quick update ...some bright spark accused this thread as a way of attacking Mark Hughes .I have got used to the man after a while and think it does take time to fit in and build a team that will get you the results needed by our owners.
There are only 4or 5 managers in the world SUPER Stars could be pursuaded to join the Manager and next his club. We are without doubt a long way from this position..mainly as our track record of failure takes some time to pass us by.

It has also been mentioned TEVEZ is not a super star...i think with all his skills and desire to play the game it only needs regular weekly football to be up with the games top scorers. He is with any doubt spot on for MH as a player and lined up with RSC or Eto,o would make a more or less trouble free pack to run riot backed up with ROBBIE our little star and Bellamy /Ireland.

It only then needs Toure and Lescott to be a top 4 side next season .Costing around £120 million for the 5 or 6 players.One super star in Eto,o
and really top players ...some close to that BRAND .

Jules Destrooper said:
Robinho is a superstar.

again is about how you define the term superstar

For me Robbie is very very close and the way he's playing for Brazil and the way he could play next year with more prem experience and better players around him.

Robbies at the top of my world class bracket I love seeing the guy play football and when hes on form it's amazing. If he can sort out his consistency issue and not go missing in away game he'll be walking away with the top scorer titles. He's a superstar in the making.... I hope he get there whilst playing for us.

JUSTBLUE08 said:
Just a quick update ...some bright spark accused this thread as a way of attacking Mark Hughes .I have got used to the man after a while and think it does take time to fit in and build a team that will get you the results needed by our owners.
There are only 4or 5 managers in the world SUPER Stars could be pursuaded to join the Manager and next his club. We are without doubt a long way from this position..mainly as our track record of failure takes some time to pass us by.

It has also been mentioned TEVEZ is not a super star...i think with all his skills and desire to play the game it only needs regular weekly football to be up with the games top scorers. He is with any doubt spot on for MH as a player and lined up with RSC or Eto,o would make a more or less trouble free pack to run riot backed up with ROBBIE our little star and Bellamy /Ireland.

It only then needs Toure and Lescott to be a top 4 side next season .Costing around £120 million for the 5 or 6 players.One super star in Eto,o
and really top players ...some close to that BRAND .

This is indeed reality and the next step in our way forward, when we reach Champs league then we can step up to the plate and have the carrot to tease the superstars.

look at the tops clubs buying players.. they are replacing decent players....

snejder, huntelaar, raul......

also forlan is after a move.. so is aguero

then uve got Johnson.. lescott.. toure... yaya toure..

fuck me i could write potential top class signings all day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.