Noel Gallagher Leaves Oasis - ADUG City Takeover Complete?

It's a shame, interesting that Noel says he couldn't go on working with Liam any longer... Liam always struck me as a mardy prick.

Met them both at an away game (Reading) and they seemed pretty sound, though to be fair I was mainly speaking to Noel. Even offered to buy em both a pint.

About time.
They've not done anything of any merit or significance since Definitely Maybe. WTSMG is a good album but is just Def Maybe by numbers, each track running in complete comparison with it's counterpart.
It's a shame that they really didn't continue with their early promise.
Still, all credit to them; they worked hard when their star was shining and can now 'retire' with fabulous wealth and a huge loyal following.
I'd like to hope that Noel will carry on in a way Weller did years after the Style Council (Paul Weller and Wild Wood) and Liam just slides away. No doubting he was a great frontman, one of the best I've seen in his younger days but I hope he doesn't go solo or front some 'supergroup'. His vocals have waned and he's becoming a parody of himself, over doing the whine which has become really grating.
Funnily enough I thought their downfall began when they got rid of their original drummer, just after 'Whatever' (if memory serves), probably just a coincidence.
Wonderfully fresh band at the time and gave British 'guitar' music the kick up it's arse it needed to get it out of the dance scene which originally killed it (ironically started with the last great Manc bands before Oasis).
They were at the forefront of a very significant movement in Britain during the Britpop explosion*, and I'll be eternally grateful to them, but they have no relevance in today's musical landscape.

*like it or not, the legacy of Blur and it's protagonists will be more relevant in the future annals of British music when the dust settles 10-20 years from now. *dons tin hat*

As a match going red

Oasis were an absolutely Brilliant band as were the roses

Saved the day for music when all was shit

Some absolutely fantastic tunes and b sides better than A sides etc

Check this out

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvFbIh29y8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvFbIh29y8</a>

viva fucking razorlight Kasabian maximo park etc

Thats all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.