Noel Gallagher on Talksport

In the early nineties I was working on a passenger ferry between Dover and Calais. On our last trip of the week we brought the whole band back from France after a concert and they were playing next in Newcastle. They were well known but hadn't yet peaked to superstardom. They were as down to earth as you could wish to meet.The band,the roadies and the security all camped out in the bar where Liam was on his usual JD's. There was no segregation or pecking order they all mingled.

The lads were a good laugh and gave great tips to the boys serving behind the bar and posed for any photo's with good grace and humour.The ship's manager asked if they wanted to go to a private area and Noel replied,''No mate we are alright here in the bar.'' One of our stewardess's had done some security work for their head of security and he gave her four tickets and backstage passes for the Newcastle gig.

At a time the team was shit the band never tired of letting the world know they were City fan's and proud of it and it certainly helped the teams profile worldwide. Noel always gives a good account of himself when interviewed and long may it continue.They are two working class lads who made good and Blues too,good luck to them!

Shittest post I've ever read.

1- oasis sold out all tickets before any support bands were announced
2 - they could have sold out 20 nights as 2.6m people tried for tickets
3 - at that point they were biggest band on the planet
4- they sold out shows in Ireland and Scotland at same time

They are miles bigger than city.....because they are a band and people like many bands.

They always supported city through thin and thinner, playing the Maine road in 1996
Thank fuck that wasn't referring to me. Because I've posted some contenders in my time.

P6FgjdK.jpg

pehd78d.jpg

hEoZamg.jpg

5Olr4VK.jpg

I love you genius

That's bloody brilliant. Once again......that "chancer" free loading on an Argentine team. HAS HE NO SHAME! They obviously hate him......

Obviously riding on the coat-tails of the club. No players actually want to see him, he's latched onto the club and are riding us to stardom......

Can't believe he's going to be on tour for the derby. It's like he has a job or something.

Please respond crmcfc

That's bloody brilliant. Once again......that "chancer" free loading on an Argentine team. HAS HE NO SHAME! They obviously hate him......

Obviously riding on the coat-tails of the club. No players actually want to see him, he's latched onto the club and are riding us to stardom......

Can't believe he's going to be on tour for the derby. It's like he has a job or something.

Please respond crmcfc
I think he's having to do some extra tours due the chips league pricing him out :-)

I think Noel is ace and genuinely loves the club and players! Like any fan if the club ring you up, ask you to come to the training ground and have interviews and go into the changing rooms at cup finals etc would you say no?? The players seem to like him as does khaldhoon and the board so I see no problem . I remember all through the 90's they were always pictured at some point with city shirts on as well!

I think Noel is ace and genuinely loves the club and players! Like any fan if the club ring you up, ask you to come to the training ground and have interviews and go into the changing rooms at cup finals etc would you say no?? The players seem to like him as does khaldhoon and the board so I see no problem . I remember all through the 90's they were always pictured at some point with city shirts on as well!

The photographer who took them, Kevin Cummins, was on football focus a couple of weeks ago. He was saying how when he did the Stone Roses covered in paint, he picked City blue to annoy them. He also did loads of the shots of the Gallaghers in City shirts, with his editor complaining.

They were both very aggressive about being City fans at a time when it would have been much easier to move to London and pretend you didn't really like football. That makes them proper fans, not the usual media whores who pick Arsenal or the rags despite being born 200 miles away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.