NOEL GALLAGHER

twinkletoes

NOEL GALLAGHER has revealed he used to kick about with footie hooligans when he was on the dole in Manchester.
The diehard Man City fan confessed that he often found himself at away games with the feared Mayne Line Crew, Under-5s and Young Guvnors in the Eighties.

He said: “I knew all that lot and I still see a few of them today. They were quite mad times. Half of us were on the dole. The grounds we used to go to 20 years ago were dangerous, especially night games at Leeds and places like that, and wondering whether or not you’d make it home in one piece.”

But Noel reckons the experience might have played a part in his decision to become a rock ’n’ roll star.

He said: “I did start a song in the Kippax (a stand at City’s old Maine Road ground) when I’d had a drink. Probably something like, ‘Everywhere we go’ or similar and everyone joined in.

“So maybe the first seeds of my songwriting career were sown at the back of the Kippax.”

Noel also holds his hands up for forgetting the date of the first game he saw.

He said: “I’d got it in my head it was 1971 when we beat Newcastle 5-1 at Maine Road but I’ve recently looked that game up and it was actually 1975.”

Back when telly was in black and white.

twinkletoes said:
NOEL GALLAGHER has revealed he used to kick about with footie hooligans when he was on the dole in Manchester.
The diehard Man City fan confessed that he often found himself at away games with the feared Mayne Line Crew, Under-5s and Young Guvnors in the Eighties.

He said: “I knew all that lot and I still see a few of them today. They were quite mad times. Half of us were on the dole. The grounds we used to go to 20 years ago were dangerous, especially night games at Leeds and places like that, and wondering whether or not you’d make it home in one piece.”

But Noel reckons the experience might have played a part in his decision to become a rock ’n’ roll star.

He said: “I did start a song in the Kippax (a stand at City’s old Maine Road ground) when I’d had a drink. Probably something like, ‘Everywhere we go’ or similar and everyone joined in.

“So maybe the first seeds of my songwriting career were sown at the back of the Kippax.”

Noel also holds his hands up for forgetting the date of the first game he saw.

He said: “I’d got it in my head it was 1971 when we beat Newcastle 5-1 at Maine Road but I’ve recently looked that game up and it was actually 1975.”

Back when telly was in black and white.

So he ran with the 'under 5's' as well! Didn't know he supported West Ham? More dross obviously to give him some cred.

I bought a book years ago by the elder Gallagher and it said that though he used to run around with a lot of the mob, they never activly took part in it, though may have had to defend themselves at times.

Surely that was just part of being a City fan round that time?

It was like that at most aways in the 80s.

I don't remember Noel or Liam at City to be honest but I do remember them hanging around Oldham Street when they were kids. They were the first kids I saw wearing the Inspiral's legendary "Cool as fuck" t-shirts.

As much as I like his music Noel Gallagher has been well known to come out with shit. I'm pretty certain I have seen 2 interviews with him about Wembley '99 and in one he says he got back into the ground and another he said he was on his way home when he heard the result.

masterwig said:
As much as I like his music Noel Gallagher has been well known to come out with shit. I'm pretty certain I have seen 2 interviews with him about Wembley '99 and in one he says he got back into the ground and another he said he was on his way home when he heard the result.

He was in a box, definately remember seeing Liam after we'd won the penalties on the tape of the match.

I love Oasis, been to loads of their concerts etc. But Noel Gallagher is a complete arse. At least Liam IS an arse, and doesn't pretend not to be. Noel pretends he's all this, all that, and is intelligent, but to be honest, he speaks more bullshit that Danham on here! (ha ha)

He's never been to COMS. They were given 2 City shirts to wear at the concerts at COMS, with their names on the back. They didn't wear them on stage, just kept them. They very rarely went to Maine Road after they'd made it big, even though they were in Manchester at the time.

Compare him to Ricky Hatton, and you soon realise that Hatton is actually a proper fan, whereas Noel is just a plastic City fan, using them for a bit of publicity and a niche when it suits him.

city did have a mob called the under 5's outside sunspot arcade in town.mid 80's.then came the young guvnors abit later on.

Liam wore Red at the Oasis gig at Eastlands.

And the lights shone red for far too long.

You just wouldn't would you.

I'm pretty sure Oasis get no publicity whatsoever from being City fans.

So what if they don't go to many games. It doesn't mean they are not fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.