Noisy neighbour advice

mikeyboy

got a problem with a neighbour of mine and could do with some advice.

i'm currently back at home at my mam's and she's elderly so goes to bed 10ish every night and the noise is really pissing her off. the bloke next door kicked his wife out couple of weeks back and has just started seeing someone who has 3 kids, so there is now 5 kids living there.
they make a shit load of noise at night time 10pm til about 12.30am for example last 2 weeks with kids being off school. the noise is slamming doors, the kids shouting etc.
had a couple of polite words with him last week about it and he was ok about it. just asked him if the kids could keep the noise down after 10.30pm. he agreed he would try but his excuse is "its difficult with 5 kids to keep em quiet".
i can cope with the noise myself but when someone is that pissed off they want to move out after theyve lived 42 years in that house its not on.

whats the next step that should be taken here do you think?

mikeyboy said:
got a problem with a neighbour of mine and could do with some advice.

i'm currently back at home at my mam's and she's elderly so goes to bed 10ish every night and the noise is really pissing her off. the bloke next door kicked his wife out couple of weeks back and has just started seeing someone who has 3 kids, so there is now 5 kids living there.
they make a shit load of noise at night time 10pm til about 12.30am for example last 2 weeks with kids being off school. the noise is slamming doors, the kids shouting etc.
had a couple of polite words with him last week about it and he was ok about it. just asked him if the kids could keep the noise down after 10.30pm. he agreed he would try but his excuse is "its difficult with 5 kids to keep em quiet".
i can cope with the noise myself but when someone is that pissed off they want to move out after theyve lived 42 years in that house its not on.

whats the next step that should be taken here do you think?

I would keep talking on a friendly basis and just keep explaining the problem, dont get into a situation where it gets aggresive or nasty. Try and get other neighbours on your side,hope it gets sorted out because it cant be nice.

Wait til 3am, crank your stereo to the max and give 'em the 'ol 3 card trick. Max Bygraves, Des O'conner and a bit of Rolf Harris to boot. Full blast!!!! If that doesn't work you can aleays shit the kids up by doing something. Sorry, I know your being serious! Make a few calls to the local council, citizens advice or environment agency. Good luck

How old the children ? Noise laws don't realy kick in until 11pm generally. If it is just general noise, well ? Loud music, running about, screaming etc yes- enviromental health dept (Normally a seperated dept for noise complaints) If you are ok with noise, they will probably be happy and take no further action, though ( They will use a sound monitor, has to be over certain DcB)

thanks for the advice claire. yeah i've been keeping it friendly at the moment. but to be honest my my mam is now threatening to lose it with them its getting that bad. i too dont think that would help being aggressive but after explaining the situation with the neighbour now on 2 or 3 occasions and not much different happening is it still worth going down that route? will have a think about it.cheers again.

If there are 5 kids up until gone midnight on a regular basis and they're missing school, I'd say there's a good chance they are not being looked after properly. Someone needs to have a look at what is going on there. I'd phone social services, mate. It's not like it was years ago with taking kids away, they can offer family support, advice and other kinds of help.

One thing I can more or less guarantee is that a situation like that is nor going to improve on its own

tueartsboots said:
How old the children ? Noise laws don't realy kick in until 11pm generally. If it is just general noise, well ? Loud music, running about, screaming etc yes- enviromental health dept (Normally a seperated dept for noise complaints) If you are ok with noise, they will probably be happy and take no further action, though ( They will use a sound monitor, has to be over certain DcB)

cheers for the reply. the youngest is 4/5 (fuck knows why hes up at that time of night anyway!), 10yr olds x2, 14yr olds x2.
theres no loud music. its basically slamming doors and screaming. tonight for some reason the bloke was revving his motorbike in his garage at 10.30! WTF?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.