Non City Related Rumours/Gossip.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sunderland made an offer of 14m for Steven Fletcher...

While we cant offload a lot better striker like Adebayor for even 5m.

Damanino said:
So Sunderland made an offer of 14m for Steven Fletcher...

While we cant offload a lot better striker like Adebayor for even 5m.

Wages make much more difference than fee in any deal a club makes

What a surprise Sunderland overpaying for another really shit player.

I guess they dont mind though after raping Liverpool on the Henderson deal.

My mates a Sunderland fan hes still laughing about it even now.

alera said:

Just my opinion but I'm guessing you haven't seen Fletcher much? Massively overpriced? Yes. "Really shit player"? No, not at all, finishing comes naturally to him and he is really good in the air. £8m-£10m would have been a fair deal imo.

Joehannes said:
alera said:

Just my opinion but I'm guessing you haven't seen Fletcher much? Massively overpriced? Yes. "Really shit player"? No, not at all, finishing comes naturally to him and he is really good in the air. £8m-£10m would have been a fair deal imo.

In what world would that be a fair price ?

Wolves paid £7m for him with a 15% sell on clause. £1.5million profit, it's not worth looking for another player who will be as good in the championship.

sniff said:
Joehannes said:
alera said:

Wolves paid £7m for him with a 15% sell on clause. £1.5million profit, it's not worth looking for another player who will be as good in the championship.

What do you reckon his wages will be like? Will he be willing to take a cut? Ebanks-Blake has got a good record in his two seasons in the championship for Wolves, they'll probably make do with him and some Scandinavian bloke that their new boss scouts.
What's a fair price in your eyes?

Javi is back~! Javi Garrido to Norwich on loan from Lazio with option to buy. If he plays against us, hope we give him a warm reaction, I remember his brilliant words about the club the day he left.

LoveCity said:
Javi is back~! Javi Garrido to Norwich on loan from Lazio with option to buy. If he plays against us, hope we give him a warm reaction, I remember his brilliant words about the club the day he left.

Has this happened? He'll get a great reception from me.

Joehannes said:
sniff said:
Joehannes said:

What do you reckon his wages will be like? Will he be willing to take a cut? Ebanks-Blake has got a good record in his two seasons in the championship for Wolves, they'll probably make do with him and some Scandinavian bloke that their new boss scouts.
What's a fair price in your eyes?

Wolves are in fine shape finacialy and will be looking to go straight back up, in the short term no one needs a paycut because of the parachute payments.

You seem to be making the assumption that Wolves are looking for championship players, id be more inclined to think they want premiership quality to get them back up, just because they got relegated wont change the ambition.

So the question you really need to ask, is the same as i would expect from any club. Who will you get in as good for the money ? A club in a similar position to Wolves (Blackburn) pulled £17m for Jones, then Henderson was sold by Sunderland for £20m... why would they sell themselves short...

A fair value just cant exist in reality, he is worth what Sunderland are willing to pay, or simply at the point where Wolves think finding a replacement with the cash is worth the effort. Agger isnt worth £20+ million to us, but he certainly is to Liverpool, same in this situation.

Ovo said:
LoveCity said:

Has this happened? He'll get a great reception from me.

And me!

Desperately unlucky when was with us. Sven bought him for £1.5m and he was young and looked promising. I remember the Newcastle game when myself and a few other fans were laughing at how the Geordies had paid over £6m for their Spanish left-back (Enrique). He was unfortunate to play behind Martin Petrov in his first season in the Premier League, often exposed, then Robinho.

Then Hughes didn't like him, at all. Paying £10m for Wayne Bridge and then still choosing Michael Ball ahead of him. I felt sorry for him at the time. It wasn't until Bobby came in and played a few players who hadn't had a look in for some time that he started to feature again. He scored a cracker against Wolves away from home and I recall him playing well against United too. I'd rather have him on our books now that Bridge.

Best of luck to him and I really hope he impresses at Norwich. He deserves to play every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.