Non Handshake Poser

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
dazdon said:
Suarez is a twat but today he couldn't do right for doing wrong.

The little shit Evra was making waves from the off.....the little mascot stood next to Evra nearly had his day ruined because Evra threw his toys out of the pram again.

And what was all that pointing palava by Evra at Suarez?

This ^^ - posturing in front of the camera, looking at the camera as if to say ''did you see that.... DID YOU SEE THAT?''
And then running right up to him, turning and pointing.
As for his 'celebration'.... note how he stopped as soon as he passed Suarez? Should have been sent off for that alone - how is that less provocative (attempting to incite both the player and whip the home fans up) than what Adebayor did in front of the Arsenal fans?
gill and arsenal guy fast tracked adebayors punishment in the corridors of the fa just in time for the Atkinson added on added on time derby, bet your bottom dollar this will be swept under the table even though both incidents were racially motivated.

1.618034 said:
This handshake thing is becoming a farce.

If we're going to have it then every player must shake hands with every opponent... Or gets a yellow for unsporting behaviour. At the moment it's outside the refs jurisdiction so we're getting problems.

But for me it's a waste of time and should be stopped. The captains shake hands at the coin toss... And anyone who wants to can shake hands with whoever they want in the tunnel before the game or on the field at the end... Simple.

But Suarez is a **** and Liverpool need to wake up to the fact that he's tarnishing their image and should be punished.. Taggart was spot on after the game.

No he wasn't. It was pure hypocrisy. What about Cantona kung fu kicking a fan? Keane ending a fellow professionals career for "revenge"? I don't recall Joe Royle saying United should get rid of Keane. I'm no lover of Suarez, but Ferguson has no right to moralize and tell other clubs what they should and should not be doing after some of the characters, like the two I've mentioned, play under him.

Unknown_Genius said:
1.618034 said:

If we're going to have it then every player must shake hands with every opponent... Or gets a yellow for unsporting behaviour. At the moment it's outside the refs jurisdiction so we're getting problems.

But for me it's a waste of time and should be stopped. The captains shake hands at the coin toss... And anyone who wants to can shake hands with whoever they want in the tunnel before the game or on the field at the end... Simple.

But Suarez is a **** and Liverpool need to wake up to the fact that he's tarnishing their image and should be punished.. Taggart was spot on after the game.

No he wasn't. It was pure hypocrisy. What about Cantona kung fu kicking a fan? Keane ending a fellow professionals career for "revenge"? I don't recall Joe Royle saying United should get rid of Keane. I'm no lover of Suarez, but Ferguson has no right to moralize and tell other clubs what they should and should not be doing after some of the characters, like the two I've mentioned, play under him.

Suarez fessed up to the FA about calling Evra a 'negro' throughout a game of football. Despite playing in the multi-cultural Netherlands for 5 years, he blagged it was an error in language, and he wasn't aware that it was a derogatory term in England!! For the next game, LFC paraded their team around the pitch in Suarez T-shirts, and made accusations regarding Evra's cliams not being valid, despite Suarez owning up. Dalglish and the Liverpool fans have treated Suarez as the victim, they called Evra a liar and booed him throughout the fa cup game.

All LFC/Suarez had to do from the start was to say "Sorry Patrice, it was a misunderstanding." And all of this would have blown over, but they played the victim and made coonts out of themselves. Suarez refusing to shake Evra's hand only pours more scorn on the way LFC have acted throughout this entire fiasco. They won't be able to shake this from their 'istory.

1.618034 said:

So should Ferdinand be punished for not shaking hands? No cos he's a fu_king rag. Would he have been forced to shake Terry's hand no. The whole issue is a childish joke & that is what the FA is all about these days.

Ardwick AFC said:
Unknown_Genius said:
1.618034 said:

Suarez fessed up to the FA about calling Evra a 'negro' throughout a game of football. Despite playing in the multi-cultural Netherlands for 5 years, he blagged it was an error in language, and he wasn't aware that it was a derogatory term in England!! For the next game, LFC paraded their team around the pitch in Suarez T-shirts, and made accusations regarding Evra's cliams not being valid, despite Suarez owning up. Dalglish and the Liverpool fans have treated Suarez as the victim, they called Evra a liar and booed him throughout the fa cup game.

All LFC/Suarez had to do from the start was to say "Sorry Patrice, it was a misunderstanding." And all of this would have blown over, but they played the victim and made coonts out of themselves. Suarez refusing to shake Evra's hand only pours more scorn on the way LFC have acted throughout this entire fiasco. They won't be able to shake this from their 'istory.

OK, taking on board all your points...... Evra was offended at the time for the names he was being called. Evra tells all and sundry that he was offended and upset. Suarez (rightly) gets banned for 8 games. Then Suarez and the world watches youtube clips of Evra running around his hotel room shouting the same / similar ''offensive'' word. (Someone said there is a clip of him calling another player the same word, though haven't seen that one myself).

So just how much was Evra ''offended'' or how much of it was a stitch up job? And if you were Suarez, which would you believe it is?

Ardwick AFC said:
Suarez fessed up to the FA about calling Evra a 'negro' throughout a game of football. Despite playing in the multi-cultural Netherlands for 5 years, he blagged it was an error in language, and he wasn't aware that it was a derogatory term in England!!

He called him 'negro' in Spanish, which means black. Evra originally said that Suarez called him '******' ten times.

The only thing we are absolutely sure of, without doubt, is that Evra lied. Perhaps Suarez is racist, we don't know, but we know Evra is a liar. Not lying about any old thing either, but something very dangerous.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Ardwick AFC said:
Unknown_Genius said:

OK, taking on board all your points...... Evra was offended at the time for the names he was being called. Evra tells all and sundry that he was offended and upset. Suarez (rightly) gets banned for 8 games. Then Suarez and the world watches youtube clips of Evra running around his hotel room shouting the same / similar ''offensive'' word. (Someone said there is a clip of him calling another player the same word, though haven't seen that one myself).

So just how much was Evra ''offended'' or how much of it was a stitch up job? And if you were Suarez, which would you believe it is?

Sorry pal, you need to lay off the special brew for a bit.

White man calls a black man 'negro' at work.
Black man reports him.
White man owns up, and is punished.

You can ramble on about conspiracy theories and youtube bollix as much as you want, but the facts are there for all to see. Evra didn't ask to be racially abused, did he? I find it astounding that anyone can say he's in the wrong here. Regardless of who he plays for.

Ardwick AFC said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Ardwick AFC said:

Sorry pal, you need to lay off the special brew for a bit.

White man calls a black man 'negro' at work.
Black man reports him.
White man owns up, and is punished.

You can ramble on about conspiracy theories and youtube bollix as much as you want, but the facts are there for all to see. Evra didn't ask to be racially abused, did he? I find it astounding that anyone can say he's in the wrong here. Regardless of who he plays for.

Ha ha it's 6pm where I am so not touched a drop yet!
I have not said once that Suarez didn't racially abuse Evra / didn't deserve his ban. What I'm (trying) to say is that the events that followed do not show Evra up in a good light (the youtube links and as the poster above says, the lack of credibility over his evidence against Suarez) and given that, I don't blame him for refusing to shake his hand.

suarez ain't whiter than white that's for sure (oh shit am I allowed to say that?)
but neither is evra - and he blabbed like a baby, not a grown man earning a feckin fortune in a physical mans workplace

so I don't defend suaraz but I do despise evra for the way he has gone about the whole thing.
if I was suaraz I would have told evra to feck off, not just not shake his hand - wimp ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.