Non-League Football Thread

Congratulations to my local team, Kidderminster Harriers on their promotion to to the National Leage after winning 2-0 at Brackley Town in the play-off final.
They did it the hard way following away wins against Alfreton and the favourites King’s Lynn Town in the previous play-off games.

I watch King's Lynn regularly for my non-league football fix and although it was disappointing for Lynn to lose automatic promotion on the last day of the regular season to AFC Fylde, Lynn were confident (especially with home advantage) of gaining promotion.

That said, Kiddie were superb in the play off semi final at Lynn, absolutely dismantled them so I was pleased it was Kiddie who gained promotion via the play offs.
Honestly, cannot emphasise how good you lot were both on and off the pitch - The Walks isn't the nicest place to go sometimes, but on the day you were different class

Haven't fact checked this but Kiddy won with a run of 9 straight wins, beating 2nd, 4th and 5th on the way. Thread on the fans forum about making the play offs started in January and loads were certain it wouldn't be done. Calls for the owners and management team's heads part way through the season so all credit to them for turning it all around.

Avro FC 0-1 City of Liverpool was a feisty and crunching game up at the Vestacare UK Stadium. Decent sized crowd too. Not a fan of AstroTurf for footy, as a few spins and bounces defied footballing physics. Good game, though.

Anyone off to a game this international break weekend in the absence of a City match?
Considering a stroll down to West Didsbury & Chorlton v Afc liverpool. Hippies vs cult splitters
Elsewhere, Maine Road FC are at New Mills, Wythenshawe Town host Chadderton, while the likes of Curzon, Irlam, Bury, Glossop NE, Abbey Hey, Cheadle Heath, Stockport Town etcHyde, Atherton, Avro, Mossley, Trafford are all at home relatively locally

Anyone off to a game this international break weekend in the absence of a City match?
Considering a stroll down to West Didsbury & Chorlton v Afc liverpool. Hippies vs cult splitters
Elsewhere, Maine Road FC are at New Mills, Wythenshawe Town host Chadderton, while the likes of Curzon, Irlam, Bury, Glossop NE, Abbey Hey, Cheadle Heath, Stockport Town etcHyde, Atherton, Avro, Mossley, Trafford are all at home relatively locally
Trafford FC are a cracking club.
Ground is excellent, for the level they play.
The Pitch is superb and the catering (pie/peas & gravy) is spot-on.
Now live in the North East, so off to see Seaham Red Star play Whitley Bay, in the Northern League.
Non-league games are great value for money, with usually, a more honest approach from both players and managers.
Support your local team - they all need new supporters and this weekend is a great chance to enjoy grassroots football...

Yeah we are off to atherton vs radcliffe.

Trafford FC are a cracking club.
Ground is excellent, for the level they play.
The Pitch is superb and the catering (pie/peas & gravy) is spot-on.
I noticed Trafford got a crowd of over 1,000 the other week, which is way over what they normally get. I know it was a bank holiday, but any idea what happened there? It’s not like they’re doing that well this season so far and it was a run-of-the-mill opponent. Bootle IIRC.

Last edited:
I noticed Trafford got a crowd of over 1,000 the other week, which is way over what they normally get. I know it was a bank holiday, but any idea what happened there? It’s not like they’re doing that well this season so far and it was a run-of-the-mill opponent. Bootle IIRC.
No idea tbh but good on them
I know WD&CFC have had crowds of 800-1,000 fairly regularly in recent years which is incredible for the level they play at (five levels below the football league)
I’ve been to games in the third tier of Spanish football which didn’t have half that and Serie C in Italy is the same

My old local team Chaddy are flying (since I moved 60 odd miles away) same with what was my cricket team Ashton.

Both been shite for years n years. If I'd known how much they'd be improving I'd have asked for a donation towards our flitting coasts;)

Trafford normally attracted around 200 when I last went.
Due to their location, most of their fans also have an affiliation to MUFC.
Perhaps, with the recent average form of MUFC, Trafford have attracted some of their disillusioned fans ?
Also, playing a Merseyside team, they could direct their vitriol against their "proper" rivals ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.