Non-League Football Thread

Anyone off to a game this international break weekend in the absence of a City match?
Considering a stroll down to West Didsbury & Chorlton v Afc liverpool. Hippies vs cult splitters
Elsewhere, Maine Road FC are at New Mills, Wythenshawe Town host Chadderton, while the likes of Curzon, Irlam, Bury, Glossop NE, Abbey Hey, Cheadle Heath, Stockport Town etcHyde, Atherton, Avro, Mossley, Trafford are all at home relatively locally
Very mean spirited of you not to include the Moston Rag Socks v Bradford Park Avenue.

Come on The Avenue!

Proud of my grandson on Saturday.
He's just started at high school in Chorley and has already got in with meeting new friends and he went through a rite of passage in going to his first game adult free.
5 of them went to see Chorley v Scunthorpe (1-1) and he really enjoyed himself and the freedom of being at a game without adult supervision. Hoping it will be the first of many games where he is making great memories and soon will be old enough to go to City games with friends.

Some tasty games on Saturday, before City, in the last 32 of the FA Trophy

Macc vs Dorking
Oldham vs Hendon
Radcliffe vs Barnet is the pick of the bunch. Top of the Northern Prem vs third in the National League.

What a mess and very sad, one of the former big names of non-league. I went a couple of times to their old ground, Manor Park and it was a great set-up. Funny how them and Coventry, just down the road, have had such ground-ownership clusterfucks this last 10-15 years.

A sad day for non league football.
I went to Nuneaton v City pre season friendly in July 1980 - a game arranged on the back of City signing Paul Sugrue from Borough.
This was at a time when Altrincham were the top dogs in the Vauxhall Conference along with Enfield and Nuneaton closely behind.
Trevor Morley started his career there too.

nuneaton-Borough-1980-to-81-prog.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.