North Korea vs USA

You're wrong Malg. Simple as that.

People have shared links, you call them bollocks because it used American spelling (in an American outlet!) and yet you tell others to grow up. Laughable really.

Find a link that doesn't say what Bob quotes then:

'Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. armed forces, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.[1][2][3]'

Explain to us why it's bollocks rather than it just being a hunch.

I await you coming back and either showing why everyone other than you are wrong OR popping back for some mea culpa, I hear it's cathartic anyway.
I'd love to answer, but I'm busy Googling 'cathartic'.

Wouldn't it help to tell the world that it's intended as a deterrent be wise then, rather than sabre-rattling at Guam? No-one in the country will (apparently) know better than what they're told.

They must be selling a lot of minerals to pay for this tech.

There's been no sign that anyone has any intention of attacking North Korea, so why is a deterrent needed? Seoul is barely a stone's throw (120 miles) from Pyongyang and the borders under 50 miles away - any attack on North Korea would likely see Seoul devastated.

I don't think anyone is interested in regime change in NK either but other regimes who stopped pursuing nuclear capability on the promise of 'don't worry you will be fine' ie Libya ended up with leaders dead in a ditch hence the frantic rush to get there. Bill Clinton did have an agreement in place with NK to stop nuclear development which George W nixed. Bush then invaded Iraq at which point all bets where off.

Trump will probably nix the Iran deal and in 20 years time we will be having the same conversation. You elect stupid people to office you get stupidity.

boom-flash-on-white_1308-2912.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.