North Stand Construction Discussion

Sergio Aguero Stand for me.

It's the goal that defined the end of all of those decades of pain against the rags. And he scored it. The time isn't really relevant. We all know the drama and context, but it's Sergio that delivered when we needed someone to and he should be honoured for that. I find it silly to think that the time is more important than the man who scored. It could have happened at 93.10 or 88.15 for all I cared but it was Sergio right when we needed him and that should be honoured by more than a statue.

Correct.

We honour the goal scorer, not the time of the goal.

THE NORTH WALL STAND

When the wall is mentioned, I always think of the Game of Thrones wall.

C5-A36-FB4-C87-A-4578-842-F-BCF860-CCDB70.webp

The (Yellow) Wall belongs to Dortmund. Any other club and their fans copying that name for their home end would have the piss taken out of them.

Who cares…. It’s not about them… it’s about us.

Most other clubs who have a home end behind one of the goals have a name for the stand. No need to mention the obvious ones.

When the wall is mentioned, I always think of the Game of Thrones wall.

C5-A36-FB4-C87-A-4578-842-F-BCF860-CCDB70.webp

The (Yellow) Wall belongs to Dortmund. Any other club and their fans copying that name for their home end would have the piss taken out of them.
Is the Yellow Snow Stand out of the question then?

It could be an historic reference to Dog Shit Alley.

It does make you wonder why this hasn’t indeed been considered before, but perhaps it’s just not possible.
However as that existing tram line gets more and more crowded surely another connection could be considered. It would take off a lot of pressure off that existing tram line, and effectively it would bypass the City centre through to Victoria. A connection to Piccadilly would be costly but surely worthwhile from a profitable point of view. Their tills could sh1t money in the future and everyone is a winner
I’ve mentioned before on other threads that the line going to Victoria also spurs off to go towards Ashton and beyond, it passes Ashton moss which has lots of free parking with the potential for a great deal more.
Ideal location for a park n ride heading to the etihad with motorway links close by and alternate food & drink destinations to avoid congestion at the etihad/co-op live

Need to do the business out on the pitch that is the main priority.
8 years since the South Stand was extended so if its a similar time scale another 8 years and extend the CB and East Stand then your looking at going from 48k to 71k an increase of 23k !!! Wil have to be winning at a least as much as we have in the last 12 years for that to be realistic !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.