North Stand Construction Discussion

Perish the thought.

The Coop Live End. (arf!)

Don’t blame me if it happens.

Extra revenue for the club.

Isn’t there already a 93:20 something? A bar or hospitality area? Not the kind of place I’ve ever been, nevertheless.

If it’s going to be a home end, it shouldn’t be after a player, in my opinion of course. I like the The Gorton Stand, after all that’s where it all started at St Marks.

If it has to be a player it should be after Bert, with a statue outside.

Thought so. I was offered hospitality at Wembley once through work but knocked it back to sit in the stands with other Blues.

So why has this 'solution' been ignored ?
To me, the answer to another transport connection for the Etihad etc lies with the railway line that runs parallel to the MCR Regional Athletics Stadium next to the Etihad. Perhaps it would be possible to build a station next to the Ashton Road Railway Bridge or further along.
I don’t even know if this line is even open but there are tracks there that clearly run North and South.
North looks to connect with a line that eventually runs into MCR Victoria or just heads further North, and perhaps the South route could even be connected back to Piccadilly as there’s a disused Viaduct near the West Coastline that once would’ve let it do so. It could even be linked Southwards on the West Coastline too perhaps.
This line could be used by trams or simply just a new passenger train connection that would effectively give East Manchester a new railway loop connecting both the Stadium and Arena with both major MCR stations or beyond.
Job done? Perhaps at a minimal cost too because the infrastructure is clearly already there.

I have put that in the questionnaire, knock down the old Mercedes Garage as the site is perfect as Captain Apollo says

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.