North Stand Construction Discussion

Great post. Some on this thread think we will build a new stand, then keep our fingers crossed we will fill it by flogging cheap tickets to lapsed blues. Thats not gonna happen.

It’s just doesn’t stack up with current ticket demand. 6 or 7 proper sellouts a season is not sufficient demand for an extra 6000 seats.

Maybe it will make financial sense if it incorporates a hotel or a rebuilt City Square ? The Arena will open a lot of opportunities, but it doesn’t add up just as an extra 6000 seats being sold on the cheap.
Maybe people are factoring in the Haaland signing, a Pep extension, the arena & even more success, our owners are also looking at making us the leading football/sports club in the world, with the best facilities & innovation, I think I read/heard somewhere they where looking at a 20 year project in all, some outsiders took that as they’ll be off in a few years, if you look at the timeline of the arena, it leaves 5-6 years to complete the stadium & surrounding areas, obviously the club are being cautious post covid & will factor in the current economical climate, but they have shown to be relentless in what they want to achieve, we also have investors who will be looking for the club to continue its momentum. I have absolutely no doubt we will sell the seats, whether we fill them is an ongoing matter for the club

I’m sure the Arena will open loads of doors for the stadium and collar site.

But I find it so frustrating that our crowd growth has stalled in our greatest ever period.

When the South Stand was built I honestly thought the North Stand would follow quickly.

But now we sit in a position where a majority of the lesser games are not sold out even after reducing capacity.

Spurs West Ham are now well ahead of us in attendances and LFC will be joining them soon in the 60k bracket.

Great opportunity missed

They would leave with the kippax singing, part time supporters. Where I use to sit in the family stand, a family of 4 use to sit to my right, every game on the 80th minute, they would be off, they would definitely have left with us 2-0 down in 2012.
A pedant writes……you know the rest….

But I find it so frustrating that our crowd growth has stalled in our greatest ever period.

When the South Stand was built I honestly thought the North Stand would follow quickly.

But now we sit in a position where a majority of the lesser games are not sold out even after reducing capacity.

Spurs West Ham are now well ahead of us in attendances and LFC will be joining them soon in the 60k bracket.

Great opportunity missed
If it wasn't so expensive it would sell out every week

Great opportunity missed
I guess it doesn’t help the MSM shitting on us all the time in an orchestrated attack to make sure everything we achieve is belittled and undervalued.

If the NS ever gets it’s third tier, I really hope they put a fucking retractable roof on the stadium. When us punters are paying top dollar for tickets, we shouldnt have to sit in the pissing rain especially when you have kids with you.

Great opportunity missed
City have missed the opportunity by concentrating on the wrong things and not spending enough time trying to understand our fanbase.

If they understood our fanbase, the Etihad would be a 65,000 stadium and would be full every week.

City have missed the opportunity by concentrating on the wrong things and not spending enough time trying to understand our fanbase.

If they understood our fanbase, the Etihad would be a 65,000 stadium and would be full every week.
No doubt they’ve made a few mistakes, they’ve tried growing our support at a speed similar to our on pitch growth & it’s left a fair few behind. A more considerate approach was required, we all hoped for a club for every fan, not just those with deep pockets, I’ve read countless articles about football needing to be inclusive, whether that’s based on race, gender, sexuality, even families, yet the largest group would be those who can’t afford to go, if people are choosing between eating or heating then watching live football is completely insignificant. Which is why we need a NS stand extension & it needs to be affordable, this is more than just about profits, or empty seats, it’s about maintaining a connection with our local support and its community

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.