North Stand Construction Discussion

It was great tonight, especially with the weather being horrific, but organisation and acoustics would still improve things. You can make a racket on a guitar but plug it into an amplifier and it's going to be louder. Stick several thousand fans under a roof that projects the noise and it will go up another level again.
Maybe but last night showed football is all about passion, all the rest is a bonus.

When is this due to be complete. Will we fill it ok?
Dad Supported them, as in "my old man said be a City fan"... Sometimes I question the time I spend on Bluemoon but at least this is my club. What do you get from posting on here ? over 500+ messages. Your new owners might be a step up from the Glaziers, good luck...

Not a fan of the Centurion stand, if the stand is going to be called that??

I’d rather have the stand named more appropriately than City getting 100 points. It was a great achievement, but to name a stand after it, no. I doubt anyone outside of City’s fan base will know why the stand has been named the Centurion stand. No doubt we’ll get, because it’s only got 100 City fans in it. Much prefer the Citizens stand or something else. It would have been nice if the club had consulted the fans about naming the stand. After all, we’re going to be stood on it.

Last edited:

I’d rather have the stand named more appropriately than City getting 100 points. It was a great achievement, but to name a stand after it, no. I doubt anyone outside of City’s fan base will know why the stand has been named the Centurion stand. No doubt we’ll get, because it’s only got 100 City fans in it. Much prefer the Citizens stand or something else. It would have been nice if the club had consulted the fans about naming the stand. After all, we’re going to be stood on it.

The explanation given was to make sure people did know about the 100 point season, but you are quite right, we'll get the banter about there only being 100 fans in it. I'm not a big fan of it either. They can learn about that in the museum instead. The 1894 survey included suggestions on the name for the stand. I doubt there would be a name that was overwhelmingly backed. I'm not a fan of 93.20 but would back it being named after Sergio because it is his goal that defined our history at that end and brought such joy. Would also be happy with the New Kippax. It's not a side stand but it's a nod to our history.

Can we set up a poll on here? Give fans that chance to choose or suggest names.

Reactions: jrb

I’m not particularly bothered whether the stand has a name or not but Centurion is as good as any other I’ve heard suggested, better than a few.
Funny though on the way to the game yesterday was chatting to my son and we were saying how little is made of that unique and great achievement compared to the invincibles and we should celebrate it more. So don’t mind it.
The 100 fan thing I really wouldn’t care about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.