North Stand Construction Discussion

The Centurions achievement is currently a record not achieved by any of the so called great sides including,Arse Invincibles,who are referenced much more frequently, despite garnering many less points and goals.

The Centurions played every game to win (unlike Arse who played not to loose) including the 100 points winning game when we won with the last competitive kick of the game.

It is a remarkable achievement that should be used as a beacon of our history and that team.

It’s astonishing to me that the club and many fans have allowed such an achievement to pass into relative obscurity, whilst the Media are pumping Burnley’s achievement in the bloody championship.

Ours is a record that will stand for a long, long time and currently we’re are the only team likely to beat it !!

‘The Centurions Stand’, with a hundred golden seats will help to ‘re market’ the achievement and position that team as the greatest of the modern era.

The Centurions Stand...a symbol of greatness !!

Until the record is broken.

Why not call it the English Domestic Quadruple stand? (in one season) That has never been done by any club or manager in the history of English football, including Ferguson.

Until the record is broken.

Why not call it the English Domestic Quadruple stand? (in one season) That has never been done by any club or manager in the history of English football, including Ferguson.
The same reason that Arsenal will always be The Invincibles and Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay will always be the first men to climb Everest, we'll always be the first to hit 100 points in the PL.

The Centurions achievement is currently a record not achieved by any of the so called great sides including,Arse Invincibles,who are referenced much more frequently, despite garnering many less points and goals.

The Centurions played every game to win (unlike Arse who played not to loose) including the 100 points winning game when we won with the last competitive kick of the game.

It is a remarkable achievement that should be used as a beacon of our history and that team.

It’s astonishing to me that the club and many fans have allowed such an achievement to pass into relative obscurity, whilst the Media are pumping Burnley’s achievement in the bloody championship.

Ours is a record that will stand for a long, long time and currently we’re are the only team likely to beat it !!

‘The Centurions Stand’, with a hundred golden seats will help to ‘re market’ the achievement and position that team as the greatest of the modern era.

The Centurions Stand...a symbol of greatness !!
Arsenal drew 13 games the invincible season and has never really struck me as being lnvincable if you drew a third of the seasons games ! You could actually draw all 38 games be classed as invincible but get close to being relegated with 38 points !

The same reason that Arsenal will always be The Invincibles and Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay will always be the first men to climb Everest, we'll always be the first to hit 100 points in the PL.

We will.

But just like the Invincibles, the Centurions is barely mentioned anymore. I can’t honestly remember when I last heard the Centurions mentioned or saw it in the football media.

Perhaps I’m wrong, I doubt the ‘Centurion stand’ name will catch on with City’s current fan base. Maybe in the future when the younger and new City fans are the majority.

Again just me. Others will think differently. It just comes across as marketing guff by the club. Something the marketing execs have thought up, rather than letting the fans who will stand on the new and expanded North stand pick the name.

I fully expect City to launch a rage of Centurion related products. The Centurion hotel, viewing gallery, bar & restaurant, fan plaza, and a memorabilia relaunch, etc.

Last edited:
Ask Ric or one of mods to set up a new thread to name the stand with a poll.

Limit the name to 6 choices that can be discussed first. Then Ric or a mod can start the poll with those names.

Hopefully Ric or one of the mods will monitor the naming discussion and decide when the discussion has reached a majority agreement to pick the 6 names. Thanks.

Let’s go with some of names already mention and discussed at length. Other people can add names until we come up with an agreeable 6 names.

Sensible names only please that can be used.

I happy to go with these 4 off the top off my head.

1. North stand.(leave the name as it is)
2. Centurion stand.(apparently this is the name the club are calling the new stand)
3. 93:20 stand
4. Citizens stand.
5?
6?
The seats available stand :+)

We will.

But just like the Invincibles, the Centurions is barely mentioned anymore. I can’t honestly remember when I last heard the Centurions mentioned or saw it in the football media.

Perhaps I’m wrong, I doubt the ‘Centurion stand’ name will catch on with City’s current fan base. Maybe in the future when the younger and new City fans are the majority.

Again just me. Others will think differently. It just comes across as marketing guff by the club. Something the marketing execs have thought up, rather than letting the fans who will stand on the new and expanded North stand pick the name.

I fully expect City to launch a rage of Centurion related products. The Centurion hotel, viewing gallery, bar & restaurant, fan plaza, and a memorabilia relaunch, etc.
Fantastic....thats the aim.

" Grandad, tell me about the CENTURIANS again please "

We will.

Fair points. I would go with your last paragraph myself as I don't have a favourite. There are some I don't like but nothing particularly grabs me above all else. Like everything else I'll wait and see what transpires, as long as they get a move on, I'm not getting any younger City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.