North Stand Construction Discussion

Just a brief point.

Cheap seasoncards and no hospitality / corporate areas don't equate to getting a return on the cost of the expanded NS. As we've seen for quite a while now there is a relentless drive to maximise revenue and I don't see that changing any time soon.

They do, but you don't put time money and effort into something just to change it. This has been thoroughly considered by the club who will know the revenue streams, what the future hospitality demand will be and have therefore designed the new stand to meet the needs of the club's future. It's going to be a GA+ area. Whether it's exactly like Joe's and has padded seats who knows, but it's designed to offer a slightly more premium ticket. I don't see what's going to come out of the woodwork to change their current proposal.

Longer term we could see a change. If and when the side stands get expanded, that's when you'd expect to see more hospitality added and at that point perhaps the GA+ could change, but again I doubt the club will do that unless it's failing. They'll know the waiting list on hospitality, know how many want this sort of offering and will have designed it accordingly. I'd be fairly confident in believing this would be 700ish padded seats with access to a pay as you go bar/catering area. And I'd also be fairly confident in saying, I don't think plans for it change.

I think it's better to have the hardcore at the back of the stand where the noise retaining materials are. The noise would just disappear, rather than spread if our more vocal fans were at the front and centre of the stand.

It would, but that means two separate areas rather than one in the middle so I'm guessing they thought it best to accommodate it this way.

You might have misunderstood. I have always maintained it is flexible enough that it Can change, without much of a process. How it is used, rather than shown.

Which it is. Put the purple colour and the + lable off to the side. Stick some padding on those seats, and you have a 'hospitality light' (good choice of words whoever first used it) area with a slightly more direct access to a bar. Don't put any padding, don't price it any higher, it is just the same as any other area of the stand, and the bar is the same as all other, withbthe same bogs and access points. Put padding on all other seats, and none on these, and they becone the only non hospitality seats in the stand, with their own hardcore bar. Use the bar to store banners and vuvuzellas if you want to, for quick rolling out of displays. Pad every seat in the stand and sell then all as general admission etc etc etc. It really makes no material difference to what has been approved, it is a pricing and operational choice.

They do, but you don't put time money and effort into something just to change it. This has been thoroughly considered by the club who will know the revenue streams, what the future hospitality demand will be and have therefore designed the new stand to meet the needs of the club's future. It's going to be a GA+ area. Whether it's exactly like Joe's and has padded seats who knows, but it's designed to offer a slightly more premium ticket. I don't see what's going to come out of the woodwork to change their current proposal.

Longer term we could see a change. If and when the side stands get expanded, that's when you'd expect to see more hospitality added and at that point perhaps the GA+ could change, but again I doubt the club will do that unless it's failing. They'll know the waiting list on hospitality, know how many want this sort of offering and will have designed it accordingly. I'd be fairly confident in believing this would be 700ish padded seats with access to a pay as you go bar/catering area. And I'd also be fairly confident in saying, I don't think plans for it change.

I think it's better to have the hardcore at the back of the stand where the noise retaining materials are. The noise would just disappear, rather than spread if our more vocal fans were at the front and centre of the stand.

It would, but that means two separate areas rather than one in the middle so I'm guessing they thought it best to accommodate it this way.

Front and back both have their pluses and minuses.

The problem is, yes, another problem(oh FO, jrb!), the hotel suites, balconies, and another hospitality section at the back of NSL2. So where are the singers going to go and stand on NSL2? Why have the club not factored that in or placed an official singing section on NSL2? Why does it seem all the thought and planning has gone into hospitality, whilst a singing section, be it one or two blocks hasn’t been considered and isn’t part of the plans, nor is it in the planning application bar a reference to possible future safe standing on L1 and L2? I wouldn’t mind if the club had made one or both of the two outer blocks a safe standing and singing section/s. At least the singers would have a block or blocks they could go into.

Far left corner on L2 above the entrance and exit.

IMG_0168.jpeg

I‘m still frustrated there has been no or little thought or appetite by the club for an official singing section/s on NSL2.

How the SS screens looked in the final render.

View attachment 103564
There is a massive difference between an "artist impression" which is what that image is and engineers drawings. Those corners are used by security, disabled supporters and much more so presumably have not as yet been signed off for being blocked off by screens

There is a massive difference between an "artist impression" which is what that image is and engineers drawings. Those corners are used by security, disabled supporters and much more so presumably have not as yet been signed off for being blocked off by screens

Cheers Geoff.

If you think back it was the club that quietly created an official singing section in block 115 from what was then an unofficial singing section. The club encouraged fans to relocate to 115 working with 1894 on the process. Of late the club has flooded 115 with stewards, and the Police have been in there. Season tickets are checked randomly by stewards trying to stop fans from other blocks going into 115. Fans from other blocks in SSL1 try and get into 115 because it’s popular, and because that’s where most of the chants start off. Whilst the club will see it as over crowding and against the stadium regulations, hence the recent clampdown in 115.

These padded seats people are talking about are they Pile friendly? Just asking for a friend.

How far can filled Vol-Au-Vents be thrown? Will they reach Onana from the hospitality section at the front of NSL2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.