North Stand Construction Discussion

There’s no need to swear. We are supposed to having an adult and sensible discussion about the North stand expansion. Get back to me when you can do that sensibly and I will try and answer your question.

Oh c'mon mate, really? It is an adjective ffs in that context. You are neither that sensitive nor am I overly harsh. It was a perfectly adult question, that in a pub over a pint you'd not have blinked an eyelid over.

And the question stands, what stops the new stand looking like that. Physically, rather than philosophically.

But to be clear, the density and number hasn't changed? the issue is just the padding or plastic?
My issue and its only a small issue is that having areas like 9320 dont add to the atmosphere and we should be doing all we can to add to the atmosphere.

I havent at any point said you cant vary the contract, in fact in one post I've specifically said they can do that. My post you have responded to is specifically regarding the initial contract.
Varying works pays my bills, i know exactly how it works.

Fair enough, responded to the one before seeing the other. You did use it as an argument. Still, as I said, immaterial to the actual point.

It will be what it will, whether the club decide it now, decided it 3 years ago, or decide it in 2 years time. It really doesn't change anything.

I don't think it will be an issue, you do. The rest is noise. Time will tell.

Still appreciate the discussion regardless, and any bits fed back.

Fair enough, responded to the one before seeing the other. You did use it as an argument. Still, as I said, immaterial to the actual point.

It will be what it will, whether the club decide it now, decided it 3 years ago, or decide it in 2 years time. It really doesn't change anything.

I don't think it will be an issue, you do. The rest is noise. Time will tell.

Still appreciate the discussion regardless, and any bits fed back.
I used it in argument to blueparrot saying the club know the price of a padded seat so it didnt need pricing.
If it was in the contract as padded and the contractor didnt price it they'd be doing it for free to meet their contractual obligations.

View attachment 103559

We're talking about 5 rows across the central 4 blocks for GA+. There's nothing in the application about whether they're padded seats or normal, it just refers to a Joe's style hospitality bar with raised bar style seating. Then you have the suites at the top and further hospitality. The design is focussed on atmosphere generally. It's got walling at the back and sides to retain sound and filter it towards the pitch. It's got roof level infrastructure to support huge tifo's to hang down and cover the stand on match days. That will hide the prawn sandwich brigade until bang on kickoff when they can take their seats!

I think, considering the scale of it, whilst it would be better to be purely general admission that small area will not make a difference amongst a wall of 9,000 blues making a racket under a roof with the acoustic engineering to retain sound. We're talking a hell of a lot more people in the ground so noise will naturally increase. There will still be bad games and flat games depending on the opposition and stakes. But in overall terms this is pretty good considering it's an extension and not a new purpose built stadium.

Valid points. Not going to argue about that. What I will say is the Tifo is only going to be used for big games, so it will only impact the GA+’s for those games. The GA+’s may even buy into the Tifo, not that they will have a choice on the matter.

One of the issues will be standing. There will be a huge split on NSL2 of fans who prefer and want to stand, and fans who want to sit after paying for a seat. Fans who stand aren’t bothered about paying for the seat to sit on. They want to stand. Look at the new Spurs how end, full of rail seating, Spurs fans stand in their new home end. The same with the KOP, the Stratford End, the Holte End, the Gallowgate End, the Shed end, Everton’s new single tier end will be full of Everton fans standing when it’s open, etc. Why is our NSL2 home end going to be any different with 8000 City fans in it, with many of them determined to stand and sing? As a rule singers don’t sit. I sing. I stand. I don’t sing and sit. It’s alien to me. Standing and singing is 2nd nature to me and other singers.

Projects get built different to what has been approved at planning all the time. All the time. And they change after being built too.

It really is not an arguement one way or the other, they may go woth exactly what people think, they might not. It is kinda moot.

They do, but you don't put time money and effort into something just to change it. This has been thoroughly considered by the club who will know the revenue streams, what the future hospitality demand will be and have therefore designed the new stand to meet the needs of the club's future. It's going to be a GA+ area. Whether it's exactly like Joe's and has padded seats who knows, but it's designed to offer a slightly more premium ticket. I don't see what's going to come out of the woodwork to change their current proposal.

Longer term we could see a change. If and when the side stands get expanded, that's when you'd expect to see more hospitality added and at that point perhaps the GA+ could change, but again I doubt the club will do that unless it's failing. They'll know the waiting list on hospitality, know how many want this sort of offering and will have designed it accordingly. I'd be fairly confident in believing this would be 700ish padded seats with access to a pay as you go bar/catering area. And I'd also be fairly confident in saying, I don't think plans for it change.

No. I always envisaged the front of NSL2 was where the singers were going to go, 1, 2 or 3 blocks, so they had maximum impact on the atmosphere and also visually. I appreciate it was just me thinking that and maybe a few others? Gullible! :-( I honestly didn’t envisage 700 hospitality seats would be plonked right at the front of NSL2 before the plans were made public by the club. I just used that picture as an example. Not for one moment did I think NSL2 would end up ‘exactly like’ AC Milan’s Curva South.

All in want is for the expanded NS and NSL2 to work. To be a proper home end that is full of singers who create a good atmosphere, and who support Pep, if he’s still the manager by then, and the team. That’s what the vast majority of City fans want, not just me and other forum members on here.

I think it's better to have the hardcore at the back of the stand where the noise retaining materials are. The noise would just disappear, rather than spread if our more vocal fans were at the front and centre of the stand.
Personally think a good compromise would be to split that area in half and push out to each side.

It would, but that means two separate areas rather than one in the middle so I'm guessing they thought it best to accommodate it this way.

They do, but you don't put time money and effort into something just to change it. This has been thoroughly considered by the club who will know the revenue streams, what the future hospitality demand will be and have therefore designed the new stand to meet the needs of the club's future. It's going to be a GA+ area. Whether it's exactly like Joe's and has padded seats who knows, but it's designed to offer a slightly more premium ticket. I don't see what's going to come out of the woodwork to change their current proposal.

Longer term we could see a change. If and when the side stands get expanded, that's when you'd expect to see more hospitality added and at that point perhaps the GA+ could change, but again I doubt the club will do that unless it's failing. They'll know the waiting list on hospitality, know how many want this sort of offering and will have designed it accordingly. I'd be fairly confident in believing this would be 700ish padded seats with access to a pay as you go bar/catering area. And I'd also be fairly confident in saying, I don't think plans for it change.

I think it's better to have the hardcore at the back of the stand where the noise retaining materials are. The noise would just disappear, rather than spread if our more vocal fans were at the front and centre of the stand.

It would, but that means two separate areas rather than one in the middle so I'm guessing they thought it best to accommodate it this way.
It just means a longer walk to the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.