North Stand Construction Discussion

No.

There’s already 2-3 giant screens going up there and the square will need some natural light in the day.
Have they had planning permission yet, you posted about the Sphere in London not getting the go-ahead because of residents same could happen here!

The resident may not be happy with 40 ft LCD screens on the side of the hotel.

Having the CUBE set up in City Square is a game changer, it could be used for events as City Square going to be open when concerts etc are going on.

Imagine going to see your favourite act being on before a concert and the CUBE doing an amazing display.

City fans used to say about the old City Square not being a destination, but having something like this makes it a destination

That is why 1894 etc are annoyed it was supposed to be a home end like the KOP or Yellow Wall, never saw such a club where the managers is complaining about the atmosphere.

But the club can only see cash signs, and go against its own manager who has brought them so much success.

Pep wants an atmosphere so give him a ground that gives him that, end of

Pep says we have amazing away support, but he never speaks about the home crowd in the same way

Rant over
Blame FFP?

Maybe New York is more glitz and glamour than Manchester for the LED wraps etc? Old school fans are wingeing about the bloody laser shows! lol

Serious question, have you ever been to the Etihad?
There isn't any residential within hundreds and hundreds of yards of the North stand.
Yes is the answer to the question, it's about planning permission that I am talking about and residents are allowed to put in objections.

You said you are in the building trade, this kind of thing happens all the time

I just saying that this game changer The Cube at NYCFC is like The Sphere but smaller and could make City a lot of money

Yes is the answer to the question, it's about planning permission that I am talking about and residents are allowed to put in objections.

You said you are in the building trade, this kind of thing happens all the time

I just saying that this game changer The Cube at NYCFC is like The Sphere but smaller and could make City a lot of money
There aren't any residents anywhere near the north stand you'd know that if you'd been, any resident who complained would get nowhere as it can't affect them - I'm not even sure any residents would be able to see it if they had binoculars.

As for me being in the building trade, you do realise that 99.99% of people in the construction industry would never look at a planning application?

Two or three years ago I was shown draft ‘thoughts/plans’ of an 80000 capacity stadium achieved by expanding E & W stands out & up beyond the access spirals & integrating the four corners to a consistent level.

A huge volume of internal space is created for lounges,bars,clubs etc which helps to mitigate the investment cost.

All This can be achieved using land the club currently owns which is smart, attractive financially and very UAE.

A long way off, if ever, but if City extended the East stand first to increase the capacity of the Etihad to 68,000 - 70,000, I honestly think that would be more than enough for City. For that to happen at all City would need continued success on the pitch over the next decade at least. I think the club will settle for 62,000 for the foreseeable future. That seems to be the benchmark figure for most of the big PL clubs with new or redeveloped stadiums like Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool, bar United who are looking at building a new stadium with a capacity of 90,000.(according to Scruffy Jim & the Tax Payer)

Last edited:
There aren't any residents anywhere near the north stand you'd know that if you'd been, any resident who complained would get nowhere as it can't affect them - I'm not even sure any residents would be able to see it if they had binoculars.

As for me being in the building trade, you do realise that 99.99% of people in the construction industry would never look at a planning application?
I mean, there is quite literally a block of flats or two across the road by Asda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.