North Stand Construction Discussion

Nobody knows the answer to any of those , but if people refuse to work with the club because of some fanciful 7/8000 figure we might never find out. If people don’t fill the 3000 how and by how many it increases we’ll never know. Fill the 3000 and see what happen.Refuse to move because of silly red lines and they don’t get filled maybe the number decreases.

3000 is more or less half the stand. When you exclude the hospitality section at the top, as it is its own thing, 3000 is pretty much half of the rest of the new stand.

Last edited:
Everyone should care about the atmosphere. Arsenal last week was fucking awful, for a game of that magnitude. What’s the point of going to the football if you don’t want to join in on the singing? You don’t have to stand up and go mad, just join in.
I’d say more go to football and enjoy it without joining in the singing at least most of the singing than do join in. The odd song everyone joins in with a song for a little bit but that’s it.To be honest that was true back at Maine Road.

Ok I was wrong, you clearly don’t dislike the group itself.

I can’t for the life of me though understand why you have such a problem with their statement. It seemed pretty fair and reasonable to me and nicely summed up the feelings of most blues who are keen to restore a proper old school football atmosphere to the ground but felt that the board would pay only the very slightest lip service to this which as it happens is exactly what has transpired

Honestly, I don't dislike the group.

I do feel strongly about their statement, and am happy to say it. I have already said why and that's more than enough on it.

What I did find interesting was the club already pushing the hospitality experiences in the press release.

Finally, to establish a variety of different matchday experiences for fans, we will also introduce new premium seated areas in the expanded North Stand. This includes a 500-seat food hall, while a premium bar, located where the previous Hospitality Boxes were, will have space for around 300 fans. At the rear of the stand will be a new sky bar with seats overlooking the pitch. Further information about these areas will be released during the 24/25 season.

I'd say availability of new, full SCs and pricing would both be higher up the list for many supporters rather than atmosphere.

I've no idea how much the extended NS will cost out of the overall 300 mill spend but it will be very substantial. SS3 cost 80 mill years ago and that has a very basic spec in comparison so the NS will be far higher. It might seem odd to some but the club will be looking for a return on this investment so it's unrealistic to demand that atmosphere overrides everything else.

In my opinion of course.

My bad, I had already realised my error before reading this. That's the south stand(the two home ends dream). But people do want that moving as well and have done for some time. They should never have put either behind the goals. Some clubs don't even put the away fans close to the pitch.

As for the family end. I know from my matchgoing experiences elsewhere in the stadium. That some hate fans standing up and making too much noise. It's a mad concept to me and IMO, you can't even blame it on the newer generation of fans. Some of the biggest moaners, shouting 'sit down' or looking around at anyone making noise on their own are the oldies, who've probably been going to matches for years. I imagine the families wouldn't want it too rowdy where they sit too. It's difficult to keep everyone happy.
Cheers.

The SS 2/3 must become all City with away fans shifted down to ES1/SS1 around the corner flag.

Poor acoustics and views !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.