North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Usually bringing up United’s plans these days… :)

It’s always good to know what the Noisy Neighbours are up to. ;-)

Anyway, hating United aside, I like to keep up with what United are proposing for Old Toilet and the surrounding area, and comparing it to what City have already done, and are doing.

Additionally, if City developed an 'away fans zone' in a tented village, on the triangle of land that abuts the coach park/ANR & ATW, the sale of F&B could be worth additional £££s and possibly goodwill from other clubs, particularly if away fans are advised to alight the metro at ASDA/ANR and straight into the away zone.

Finally, the police/licencing authorities may be in favour of having away fans in one location next to the stadium, rather than spread round the area/Central Manchester.
I said that in a recent post, a first for all clubs away-only fan zone, all away fans meet up at a certain point this could be their meeting point as pointed out by @Gone for a Burton . You could make it using clever technology that changes for all the clubs visiting the stadium.

Like Hatch

1726858689988.png
1726858770092.png
1726858931722.png
1726859050012.png

Last edited:
Has more of the roof at the back of the North stand been taken off?

Picture taken on the 19th.

There’s a few more pictures on the Alamy website.

Preview picture, hence the watermarks.

Picture credited, PA Images / Alamy Stock Photo

View attachment 132382
I think so mate, possibly so they can continue the steel work to the back of the couple of rows of the new stand that are already visible.

Reactions: jrb
Most things are possible with goodwill, good communication and good management.

My only reference to access/egress for away fans has been at ASDA/ANR where does the velopark enter the conversation ?

I rarely use the metro, am I missing something ?

Finally things change, what is custom and practice today may be different in 12 months....the only things that’s constant is change !!
I agree with ur eutopian words ,but this is the average football fans we are talking about !

Cannot see it ever happening,

I said that in a recent post, a first for all clubs away-only fan zone, all away fans meet up at a certain point this could be their meeting point as pointed out by @Gone for a Burton . You could make it using clever technology that changes for all the clubs visiting the stadium.

Like Hatch

View attachment 132395
View attachment 132396
View attachment 132398
View attachment 132399
Not trying to be controversial , in an idea world maybe, but this is over 100 years of football fan culture u are talking about ! Away fans would never totally attend a ‘fan zone ‘ as u suggest even if all the beer was free !

Not trying to be controversial , in an idea world maybe, but this is over 100 years of football fan culture u are talking about ! Away fans would never totally attend a ‘fan zone ‘ as u suggest even if all the beer was free !
I'm thinking more of good quality chuck wagons and a large permanent marquee thingy as a beer hall with a bit of music.

Four/Five hundred burger type meals (from 3000 away fans )washed down with a couple of pints per punter may seem optimistic but who knows ??

It will be the first of its kind in the PL and The Green Man & Box Park always seem to be popular with City fans.

Very low capex required....build it and they shall come !!

Most things are possible with goodwill, good communication and good management.

My only reference to access/egress for away fans has been at ASDA/ANR where does the velopark enter the conversation ?

I rarely use the metro, am I missing something ?

Finally things change, what is custom and practice today may be different in 12 months....the only things that’s constant is change !!
Without wishing to be in anyway argumentative as you’re trying to come up with positive solutions, your comment “I rarely use the metro, am I missing something?” hits the nail on the head. Yes you are missing something; Metrolink is completely useless and unfit for purpose. The idea that they could organise different groups getting on/off at different stops is laughable. Sorry but I’ve been suffering it for games now for 20yrs and it’s never gonna be adequate. Even if they had some level of competence the infrastructure is fundamentally flawed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.