North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

They say they're staying in SS1...I'm conveying their current thoughts.

Happy to keep correcting you.

I'm not bothered whether they relocate or not, but if they do I hope they have more influence over the atmosphere than they currently have.
I'm happy to take that correction, although you did originally state that they'd be better off staying in SS.

And on your last point I absolutely agree with you, I hope they can have more influence on atmosphere than they do at the minute. Time will tell, but their statement isn't the most positive unfortunately.

We’re not selling close to 31,000 match day tickets every home game.
Not talking about the whole ground, I’m talking about the new stand, so 8000 extra seats, 3000 so maybe 35% extra match day tickets. They would sell for most league games, especially if those matchday seats were ringfenced and left in groups together so friends or families could buy matchday tickets sat together.
The 3000 new matchday tickets don’t have to all be in the new stand they can be spread around the stadium in seats relocations to the new stand leave empty.
Less than 3000 new matchday tickets will mean the scramble for seats every summer will continue.

They say they're staying in SS1...I'm conveying their current thoughts.

Happy to keep correcting you.

I'm not bothered whether they relocate or not, but if they do I hope they have more influence over the atmosphere than they currently have.
Hi. There’s no detai on prices so no one can make a call on relocation

SS3 they made it attractive to relocate through the pricing structure

We are not arsed about glossy pictures or PR spin. Price and number of regular seasoncards are huge factors in determining whether an end will
Be atmospheric or not.

If it’s cheaper ticket you bet they’ll get the atmosphere.

It’s up to the club to sell a vision and make it attractive given they’ve rejected what they have heard so far

We’d support anyone who did want to go over there though.

1894 statement has been posted to social media

And, shat the bed.

Mentioned before, they are on the cusp of tipping the balance and looking unreasonable.

And they have gone right over and come off as petty.

Good luck to them with whatever limited pursuits they are after. But I have lost respect, or care, for their 'cause'.

At wembley in cup finals and semis 18,000 of the 33,000 allocation we get is lower tier. Practically all of the lower tier stands. It’s a myth to think fans won’t stand or there isn’t an appetite to stand - or that there’s somehow not enough singers to go there.

It’s up to the club to make it more attractive atmosphere wise than the south stand. A larger safestanding area is a signal from the club to say they are serious on atmosphere
There is obviously a demand for standing and you may like more , but it seems the club are saying start at 3000 and they may expand it. I understand 894 would like to see the whole new stand safe standing, which is what 7/8000 is. But having that as well as SS 3 standing as a red line is a bit unreasonable. It’s the red line as a block to taking up the new safe standing bit I disagree with not the ambition to make it bigger.

There is obviously a demand for standing and you may like more , but it seems the club are saying start at 3000 and they may expand it. I understand 894 would like to see the whole new stand safe standing, which is what 7/8000 is. But having that as well as SS 3 standing as a red line is a bit unreasonable. It’s the red line as a block to taking up the new safe standing bit I disagree with not the ambition to make it bigger.
The context is people have had to move constantly for the club’s changes. Many people in SS are settled and fear the pockets of singers being split still further

Our surveys say people would
Move but don’t be half hearted. Show us it’s going to be a proper end

Otherwise most SS likely to stay put

It does not.

But I am beginning to think that from now on, they Should!
Read the 1894 statement then.

I can see you’ve obviously already done that mate, consequently it’s just a difference of opinions. As I’ve said, I’m bordering on being a FOC, so it doesn’t matter to me. I just think it’s a massive missed opportunity to try and make it an end to be envied across Europe, rather than just another stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.