North Stand Expansion

Stating the blindingly obvious. We all know the finished brickwork and pointing will be perfect compared to the knocked up mock-up brickwork and pointing.
Precisely my thoughts. It is, after all, simply a mock-up intended to provide a visual representation of the finished article. I have no doubt the finish will be of the highest quality.

There is no disadvantage or risk to the police if away fans were located in ESL1.

It is the simplest of low cost/no cost reorganisation to organise with NO risk, but several advantages.

No risk to segregation, security,health & safety, logistics or coach transport.

Away fans could be directed to alight from the metro at ASDA/ANR directly in to their security zone & away from JMW & CB coach welcome.

Additionally there will be NO away fans throwing missiles down on to City fans and they will all be pitchside which the PL prefer.

Finally, a second 'dedicated 'home end' exclusively for City fans, will help build a more intense, hostile atmosphere which will help the the team and the matcday experience.

This is probably the last and best opportunity to set the stadium up in the very best way for the long term future !!!

Remove the blinkers, where there's a will, there's away !!
I don't have blinkers
Im not going to go through each point, even though I don't fully agree, because Its a fact that the Police want the away fans where they are, and won't approve a move from that corner with the license dependent upon Police approval

You keep on repeating this myth. We should leave away fans exactly where they are. Split over 3 tiers. Simply make SSL3 all safe standing. Make sure the relocations after that are managed so that they create a singing section and give 1894 blocks of singers. It would take some effort from the club but it could be easily managed.

Plan for SSL3

1) Get 1894 to pull together a database of people who are committed to singing who want to move to stand together throughout SSL3
2) Inform existing SSL3 season ticket holders it’s changing to safe standing and if you want to move out then here’s your opportunity to move somewhere else in the ground.
3) Where the gaps are created shuffle people up to create new empty blocks that can be filled by the singers.

It only takes small pockets of fans to start singing off. We just need enough of them. 1894 (who I have no affiliation with btw) and the club should surely be able to facilitate that.

As much as I don’t like to admit it United have managed to create a singing section that works in their ground. Use their experience to inform what we do.
All well and good except, in one fell swoop, you've completely dismissed the wishes of great swathes of fans currently located SSL3. You might be surprised to hear that myself - and probably thousands of others - are quite content with arrangements as they are. I acknowledge your suggestion that 'existing SSL3 season ticket holders' will be offered the 'opportunity' to move elsewhere. However, do you think for a second that any such relocation won't come with a hefty premium when compared to the current price of my season ticket? As a former Kippax Stand season ticket holder of many year's standing (pun definitely intended), I have no wish these days to stand for 90 minutes. Neither do I relish the prospect of paying more for the 'privilege' of a seat by way of what would be an enforced relocation.

All well and good except, in one fell swoop, you've completely dismissed the wishes of great swathes of fans currently located SSL3. You might be surprised to hear that myself - and probably thousands of others - are quite content with arrangements as they are. I acknowledge your suggestion that 'existing SSL3 season ticket holders' will be offered the 'opportunity' to move elsewhere. However, do you think for a second that any such relocation won't come with a hefty premium when compared to the current price of my season ticket? As a former Kippax Stand season ticket holder of many year's standing (pun definitely intended), I have no wish these days to stand for 90 minutes. Neither do I relish the prospect of paying more for the 'privilege' of a seat by way of what would be an enforced relocation.
Spot on.

It makes me laugh when posters blithely come up with ridiculous suggestions like this. Loads of current SS3 SC holders would absolutely not want safe standing (me and you for starters) so offering an enforced relocation wouldn't be an option. For starters, where are all these currently empty seats to cater for people that have sat together for years, family groups etc? The only option would be for anyone who wants a move to get first dibs on the expanded NS but hang on....the same people calling for this would want that all safe standing too. The club also would have to fill all the empty safe standing seats in SS3 with current SC holders from elsewhere in the ground as they sure as hell aren't offering thousands of new ones to do so.

Precisely my thoughts. It is, after all, simply a mock-up intended to provide a visual representation of the finished article. I have no doubt the finish will be of the highest quality.
It may simply be a mock up, and I too have no doubt that the finish will be of the highest quality, but why on earth did the brickie not take the time to make a decent job of the mock-up given that it will be scrutinised by various stakeholders (including us!) to get a sense of what the finished article will look like.

Last edited:
It may simply be a mock up, and I too have not doubt that the finish will be of the highest quality, but why on earth did the brickie not take the time to make a decent job of the mock-up given that it will be scrutinised by various stakeholders (including us!) to get a sense of what the finished article will look like.
Fair comment mate.

You keep on repeating this myth. We should leave away fans exactly where they are. Split over 3 tiers. Simply make SSL3 all safe standing. Make sure the relocations after that are managed so that they create a singing section and give 1894 blocks of singers. It would take some effort from the club but it could be easily managed.

Plan for SSL3

1) Get 1894 to pull together a database of people who are committed to singing who want to move to stand together throughout SSL3
2) Inform existing SSL3 season ticket holders it’s changing to safe standing and if you want to move out then here’s your opportunity to move somewhere else in the ground.

3) Where the gaps are created shuffle people up to create new empty blocks that can be filled by the singers.

It only takes small pockets of fans to start singing off. We just need enough of them. 1894 (who I have no affiliation with btw) and the club should surely be able to facilitate that.

As much as I don’t like to admit it United have managed to create a singing section that works in their ground. Use their experience to inform what we do.
It's no myth Ghost.... it's common sense and the best long term solution.

1) Away fans split up pitchside round the corner flag. Harder to generate stadium wide noise.

2) No diluting of security, segregation, h&s, logistics, coach transport etc.

3) Little risk of dangerous missiles being thrown on to City fans from height.

4) Benefit of away fans being directed to alight the metro at ASDA/ANR directly in to their security zone and away from our fan zone and coach welcome.

5) A dedicated SS2/3 second home end.

6) Offer all relocated City fans first choice of seats in SS1/2/3 (close to the away fans) or in NS2.

Any reasonable 'authority' using common sense & logic should see no risk but several security advantages to a change.

From the clubs perspective this can be achieved with little or no capital expenditure but numerous advantages & benefits.

Finally, many fans have been negatively relocated during our time at the Etihad, others have chosen to relocate including some in the the 'new singing section' several years ago

We have 17k seats that are sold on a match by match basis.
Safe standing was implemented at the back of SSL3 to little complaint.
Similar seats could be offered in the new North Stand.

Last edited:
It's no myth Ghost.... it's common sense and the best long term solution.

1) Away fans split up pitchside round the corner flag. Harder to generate stadium wide noise.

2) No diluting of security, segregation, h&s, logistics, coach transport etc.

3) Little risk of dangerous missiles being thrown on to City fans from height.

4) Benefit of away fans being directed to alight the metro at ASDA/ANR directly in to their security zone and away from our fan zone and coach welcome.

5) A dedicated SS2/3 second home end.

6) Offer all relocated City fans first choice of seats in SS1/2/3 (close to the away fans) or in NS2.

Any reasonable 'authority' using common sense & logic should see no risk but several security advantages to a change.

From the clubs perspective this can be achieved with little or no capital expenditure but numerous advantages & benefits.

Finally, many fans have been negatively relocated during our time at the Etihad, others have chosen to relocate including some in the the 'new singing section' several years ago
Having away fans at the back of SSL3 is preferable to pitch side where they can influence the game more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.