North Stand Expansion

Leasing would be the way....let the operator take the depreciation and down time hit.

50 (say) bus's/coaches from Central locations around Manchester (Hyde,Denton,Reddish Bridge, Etihad) along priority bus lanes would be worth trying.

In the 50s & 60s coach operators ran coaches from newsagents all over Manchester to Maine Road
City don’t own the team bus(s).

They are hired or leased for when they’re needed.

Do the same wiv fans coaches/busses.

May be Etihad Rail will become involved with the Metro one day.
ER are big operators in MENA.

City haven't put the 1000 seats back in, which is a shame. There could be a 1000 more City fans watching the home games for the next 2 seasons until the North stand expansion is completed.

View attachment 87820
The seats removed for the enlarged LED boards were the ones added when the South Stand was expanded, they were awful views as no terracing added, it also made the old front rows worse and subject to the weather being on the edge of the canopy The LED boards will bring in a lot of revenue for the club with the technology of seeing regional adverts depending upon where the TC picture is being viewed Appreciate your wish to have as many fans there as possible but isnt this why the club is expanding, just have to wait a bit

I work as a bus driver mate. New buses cost 250 grand and the new hydrogen buses are going for half a million each. How many do you think City should buy? Pretty expensive to have them sitting around for 13 days out of 14 for home premier league games but I suppose with cups and Europe they may get used once a week for 10 months of the year.
Maybe you could drive them the rest of the week pal? There’s quite a need for buses in and out of Manchester both rush hours.

think of it as a joint venture between city and the council. And not the first one.

Maybe you could drive them the rest of the week pal? There’s quite a need for buses in and out of Manchester both rush hours.

think of it as a joint venture between city and the council. And not the first one.
Sounds good. It'd be better than driving red buses ;-)

These are the new Bee Network buses that are being rolled out across Gtr Manchester over the coming years. I think Bolton and Wigan(?) are getting them first?

Andy Burnham - Twitter

Two months today, buses in GM start to go back under public control and the cost of combined bus and tram travel will be cut by 20%.24 September should signal the beginning of a public transport revolution across not just GM but the whole of England.

E1960F41-D4C8-414E-B372-07E3FEA756DA.jpeg

I work as a bus driver mate. New buses cost 250 grand and the new hydrogen buses are going for half a million each. How many do you think City should buy? Pretty expensive to have them sitting around for 13 days out of 14 for home premier league games but I suppose with cups and Europe they may get used once a week for 10 months of the year.
Thanks mate, just a suggestion maybe leasing them as the schools do would be the answer, a lot of new schools have a bus car park built-in. The train is a no-goer at the moment, if you look at Wembley it is served by a tube line and station, Etihad Campus all has a tram line at the moment

These are the new Bee Network buses that are being rolled out across Gtr Manchester over the coming years. I think Bolton and Wigan(?) are getting them first?

Andy Burnham - Twitter

Two months today, buses in GM start to go back under public control and the cost of combined bus and tram travel will be cut by 20%.24 September should signal the beginning of a public transport revolution across not just GM but the whole of England.

View attachment 87848
Made in Falkirk lol

Andy Burnham - Twitter

View attachment 87848
Are they electric? I wonder how many Mcr will be getting. This could be the best collaboration so far if city, oak view and council could team up to invest in a large fleet. I really would like to use something like this from bury to games.

Are they electric? I wonder how many Mcr will be getting. This could be the best collaboration so far if city, oak view and council could team up to invest in a large fleet. I really would like to use something like this from bury to games.

Greater Manchester moves closer to its sustainable and integrated transportation system, as the new Bee Network buses are set to join the fleet of 50 electric double-decker vehicles introduced in Wigan, Bolton, Salford and Bury.

In September 2023, these buses will be among the 50 new electric double-decker vehicles that have been introduced in Wigan, Bolton and parts of Salford and Bury when local control of buses is reinstated after almost four decades. The buses will be fully inclusive, featuring amenities, such as two wheelchair bays, hearing induction loops, audio and visual announcement systems and anti-slip flooring.

An additional 50 buses will be delivered in March 2024, supporting the continued expansion of bus franchising in areas including Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Manchester, Salford and Tameside. By January 2025, services across the rest of Greater Manchester will also come under local control.

The funding for the 100 new buses comes from the UK government’s City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement, with an additional 250 buses planned for delivery from 2024 to 2027. Furthermore, 170 electric buses, jointly funded by Stagecoach and local and national government, will operate in Stockport from 2024, significantly reducing carbon emissions by 1.1 million tonnes. These efforts contribute to the city region’s goal of achieving a sustainable public transport system with a zero-emission bus fleet by 2032.

A state-of-the-art electric bus depot capable of accommodating 250 buses will be constructed at Central Park in Manchester to support the introduction of the new environmentally friendly fleet. TfGM will also acquire existing bus depots, refurbish them, and transform them into modern, technologically advanced facilities.

Best get back to the North stand topic. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.