North Stand Expansion

I don't see what the issue is - midweek games are a pain in the arse.

So the crowd is a bit lower - i would guess 45,000 ish in the ground last night?

Cracking crowd midweek.

There is a long standing sense of dissatisfaction regarding City's ticket pricing policy at the Etihad.

Whilst you can't please all the people all the time, not everyone can be wrong, despite most games
' Indicating ' sold out.

IMO, the soft demand for Brentford was reasonably predictable.

Post Xmas
Post half term
Four close home games
General travel uncertainty
Small away following etc. etc.

Given that this was the game rearranged for the WCC from which City made £ MILLIONS £, I'm surprised and disappointed that more creative thought and planning wasn't applied to selling out and creating a 'good feel' inside the ground and amongst the wider support base.

The club doesn't have a reputation for acting with ' benevolence ' towards supporters but is gaining a growing one for indifference.

I don't profess to have the answer,and there won't be a perfect one,but pricing will be part of the reason.

Unfortunately the club appear to be tone deaf and reluctant to explain or comment publicly, thus at least giving fans an insight into their decisions or difficulties.

Imo, this is a weak spot for the club that should be 'code red' for substantial resolution.

Cop yourselves on City, the Pep years wont last for ever.

With 9000 extra seats to sell soon, along with considerable relocations, you'll catch more Bees with honey than vinegar !!

I don't see what the issue is - midweek games are a pain in the arse.

So the crowd is a bit lower - i would guess 45,000 ish in the ground last night?

Cracking crowd midweek.
But but but if we had 999,999,999,999,999 proper fans then we would sell every seat

May come as a shock to you but all large sporting and music events involve this sort of travel, especially leaving after an event.
I think the main issue is that there isn't room for any more. It's already a bleaker experience than say Wembley or The O2 because there are so few alternative options and what we have is subject to severe delays at times. How many cars end up on the tube lines, or services get shut down due to medical emergencies? If you keep cramming more people on then there will be more medical emergencies and that is likely to happen when the parking restrictions and Coop Arena start up. The good news is that it does seem to be being recognised with the buses at least. I still think some shuttle buses would be the best option.

I think the main issue is that there isn't room for any more. It's already a bleaker experience than say Wembley or The O2 because there are so few alternative options and what we have is subject to severe delays at times. How many cars end up on the tube lines, or services get shut down due to medical emergencies? If you keep cramming more people on then there will be more medical emergencies and that is likely to happen when the parking restrictions and Coop Arena start up. The good news is that it does seem to be being recognised with the buses at least. I still think some shuttle buses would be the best option.
There WILL be a compromise solution for City and the arena that doesn’t include the ‘Holt Town Industrial Heritage March’.

Whether the parties concerned have the will or ability to find it is the question.

Football fans may accept shuttle buses and dangerously overcrowded trams but groups with Wimmin with handbags and nice gear might not.

Manchester’s transport system is unacceptably appalling !!

The buses will help, but whenever I’ve gone for any tube, trams ,train option in many cities after large events people have always been crammed onto whatever transport, including Wembley.
I’ve often thought the biggest danger was too many people on underground platforms,not just in London, and people getting pushed ( accidently) off the platforms.
I agree for the Etihad taking location and fairly short distance to City centre into account buses are by far the best option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.