North Stand Expansion

Great video of the city and then closing in on the Etihad. Skip the first few seconds though.

Confirmation that the swamp really is a giant Meccano set, more exposed steelwork than Blackpool tower. The rest of the video is very good - the changes in the city's skyline over even the last 10-15 years are astonishing.

Rainwater could be an issue early season, the plan to cover the gaps in the roof isn't great imo.

Point 6 below.

A few of my observations and notes from the CMP document now that I have read it, in case they are of interest to anyone.

- The hotel and office block are indeed being built as in-situ concrete columns and slabs, as I expected.
- They will avoid scaffolding for the facades other than at ground to podium as I guessed. However the facades won't be unitised as I magined, but will be stick system off mewps and mast climbers.
- Currrent completion targets:
• the Stand, Nov 25
• Office block, Oct 25
• Hotel, after Apr 26
• city square, Aug 26
- The office block, currently the furthest behind, looks like it wil be the first bit to complete, with the stand shortly after. The rest into the summer the following year. Would have imagined they'd want the hotel open before the office with the revenue that brings, but there is also a lot more work in it and all the rooms.
- The steelwork is being assembled as they go on site, bit by bit onto the towers. But the skybar trusses will be pre-assembled on the ground and lifted up and installed in big pieces. That'll be something to behold.
- the terraces of tier 2 will be installed before the roof covering for this area, and they accept water will 'cascade' down them into managed storage and discharge behind the occipied tier 1, till the roof is on. Perhaps people in this area might want to wear wellies just in case.
- pretty much the day after the final match, they will begin propping the roof and will remove it during the off season bit by bit.
- This will happen from the pitch, rather than from the back, and they will also use the pitch for laying down components for removal. Better restore it well for the first game back!
- the current labour levels on site for this and the next month are 100-120 workers. This will continue to increase, peaking at 700 workers this time next year. That's more than we have fans!

There is a part in the CMP that says they are pretty much just accepting some of it will be exposed, and they'll let the rain 'cascade' down the stands to temporary collection discharge away from the old stand.

Confirmation that the swamp really is a giant Meccano set, more exposed steelwork than Blackpool tower. The rest of the video is very good - the changes in the city's skyline over even the last 10-15 years are astonishing.
It looks a magnificent city from above.

Temporary rainwater works have been stopped.

Approval issues into the combined system? Or something else. Doesn't look like the new infrastructure is ready yet, so they'd presumably have to discharge into the existing.

Approval issues into the combined system? Or something else. Doesn't look like the new infrastructure is ready yet, so they'd presumably have to discharge into the existing.
Theres now a clash with some future steelwork installation so needs redesigning.

Just to add this is only for the west side installation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.