North Stand Expansion

Do you really think Danny Wilson knows something Khaldoun doesn't ? He's the chairman everyon except the owner report to him.We have no idea exactly what the North stand plan is, the 648 are neither here nor there they are exactly the same as the other seats except a few people may have paid a few quid more to have access to their own bar area and a bit of padding. Does that make them less of a fan than the rest, not really.
There is going to be a rule, if you go into hospitality you will be thrown out if your dare to join in with the singing!

Pep wants atmosphere give him an atmosphere !!!!!

The Chairman wants a blue wall give him a blue wall !!!!

1894 want an atmosphere !!!!

Why are certain parts of the club going in the opposite direction from the two people above want? Both Pep and the Chairman should knock on Danny Wilson's door and ask what is happening.

The club mucked up with the South Stand, so why are people still involved with the club and by looks of it making a mess of the North Stand now

As a lot of fans have posted here the club has a golden opportunity to do the right thing

The reason for not having 648 seats it's like putting a corporate area in the middle of the Kop
Give it a rest please, the club is investing vast sums to cater for all fans.

The new stand will be incredible and help to improve atmosphere at all times, pre, match and post match.

You really think a few hundred "hospitality" seats will effect atmosphere?

Come on mate, enjoy the next 18 months and see why we are the best run football club in the business.

The starting point is getting the bulk of our more vociferous fans to relocate.
The away fans won't be moved because the police don't want them moving and our singing fans have always wanted to be close to the visitors. The response to WWYWYWS? carries more impact when it's from the adjacent blocks rather than from over 130 yards away.
If I was a regular in the south stand I'd happily move from SS2 and SS3 to the north stand as it would mean not being shifted for cup ties, but do a sufficient number of our fans feel the same way?
The club could force the situation by increasing prices in the south stand and having less ridiculous prices in the north stand, but would they be willing to do that?
And putting 648 corporate seats in the middle is a bloody stupid idea but we have to relocate those with boxes in the current north stand.
Atmosphere is created all around the stadium, having it at one end of the stadium will not do that.

What we see on the pitch and the number and loudness of the opposition fans also has a major effect.

And I can guarantee one bad tackle or controversial point in a match will 100% cause atmosphere from every section of the stadium.

The away fans won't be moved because the police don't want them moving and our singing fans have always wanted to be close to the visitors. The response to WWYWYWS? carries more impact when it's from the adjacent blocks rather than from over 130 yards away.
If I was a regular in the south stand I'd happily move from SS2 and SS3 to the north stand as it would mean not being shifted for cup ties, but do a sufficient number of our fans feel the same way?
The club could force the situation by increasing prices in the south stand and having less ridiculous prices in the north stand, but would they be willing to do that?
And putting 648 corporate seats in the middle is a bloody stupid idea but we have to relocate those with boxes in the current north stand.

I agree with all that. Apart from the last paragraph which is just wrong. They are not corporate, and they certainly are not boxes. As shown on the approved drawings at least, and presumably what will be built. It is just obtuse to keep claiming otherwise.

Last edited:
We will.

It will be clear what direction the club is taking the North stand when they finally go public on the seating configurations, ticket prices, season ticket prices, if there are any, hospitality, fan involvement, etc for the North stand. Until then those outside the meetings with the club can only guess and will keep on guessing.
Too late then.

All matters,ideas,recommendations,demands must be raised,recorded and campaigned NOW ,enabling the club to include them in the completed build.

1). Exclusive home end including all corporate areas.
2). Rear central seating blocks reserved for singers.
3). Priority reservations for relocating existing season ticket holders.
4). Secondary priority reservation period for existing club members.
5). Prices to be identical to SS3.
6). Increased number of lowest price tickets
7). Rail Seats throughout.

Finally,relocate away fans from SS 2 & 3 round the corner of ESL1 & SSL1, thus creating a second home end for those don’t wish to move to the NS.

Amend as appropriate.

More like, a fundamental misunderstanding of what those seats are, and what the difference is between corporate and a bit of padding.

Which has been talked about here plenty, btw.

If you are not open minded to that being blues, and are imagining it being a corporate aquarium where non-football vips are dined, then I'm not sure there is much the club representatives can do, if I am honest. I suppose they could remove the padding. But if that's all this hinges on, I'd say overall they are doing pretty well with the NS.
Should the whole North Stand not be safe standing except the Sky Bar

Too late then.

All matters,ideas,recommendations,demands must be raised,recorded and campaigned NOW ,enabling the club to include them in the completed build.

1). Exclusive home end including all corporate areas.
2). Rear central seating blocks reserved for singers.
3). Priority reservations for relocating existing season ticket holders.
4). Secondary priority reservation period for existing club members.
5). Prices to be identical to SS3.
6). Increased number of lowest price tickets
7). Rail Seats throughout.

Finally,relocate away fans from SS 2 & 3 round the corner of ESL1 & SSL1, thus creating a second home end for those don’t wish to move to the NS.

Amend as appropriate.
You are spot on there

Meh. We’re the only set of fans which think you can only have an atmosphere by being next to the away fans.

Kop, Stretford End, new Spurs stand etc. None are next to the away fans.

@Keeper!

From Populous own website

INNOVATION. The stadium is designed to cultivate an extraordinary atmosphere. With a capacity of 62,850, it offers an intimate spectating experience, with stands angled at the steepest permissible slope to bring fans closer to the pitch. The first row of seats is no more than eight metres from the playing surface, surpassing the proximity of any comparable modern stadium. The 17,500-seat South Stand is the country’s largest single-tier stand, designed to generate a powerful ‘wall of sound’, and includes 5,000 safe standing seats in its lower section. Populous collaborated with U2’s sound engineers to optimise the stadium’s acoustics, fine-tuning the reverberation times to amplify the roar of the crowd and further enhance the atmosphere.

“A 17,500-seat megaphone”​

By positioning the premium facilities in the East and West stands, it meant that the initial designs for the southern end of the ground could be revised to create an intimidating single-tier ‘home end’, drawing inspiration from Dortmund’s world-renowned ‘Yellow Wall’ and Anfield’s ‘Kop’ end. The South Stand is the largest of its kind in the country, accommodating 17,500 home fans in a sweeping rise engineered to enhance the natural acoustics of the stand and project a thunderous ‘wall of noise’ on matchdays.

Populous’ team approached the design of the seating bowl as they would for a concert arena, working closely with acoustic engineers to determine the most suitable materials and construction methods to amplify the roar of the crowd. Specially designed panelling is installed beneath the roof to reflect the sound back into the stadium bowl, creating a symphony of noise as the chants reverberate throughout the venue. “Effectively, what we have here is a 17,500-seat megaphone,” says Jones.

1710928361627.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.