North Stand Expansion

The club probably know that our core audience is FOCs, with mobility issues, on zimmer frames and crutches, so they don't want to risk any cranked necks ;)

There’s no chance of them going on to the viewing platform then. I honestly can’t wait to go on to that. :-)

I've mentioned this before, but they are fucking loud. In the rain, even sometimes just wind. Which won't matter for the loud fans underneath. But a whole wing of hotel bedrooms is directly above. That, and the slight potential of the facade sails whistling, hope their floor to ceiling glazing has a pretty high acoustic rating.

Let’s hope City and Populous have factired that into the design of the hotel?

Off topic. Long story short. I booked a hotel in Bilbao. It was right opposite a night club and the entrance and exit doors. I didn’t get any sleep all night. I might as well have gone to the night club. After I got back home I read the reviews of the hotel. It’s right opposite a night club. You won’t get any sleep. Lol!

Off topic. Long story short. I booked a hotel in Bilbao. It was right opposite a night club and the entrance and exit doors. I didn’t get any sleep all night. I might as well have gone to the night club. After I got back home I read the reviews of the hotel. It’s right opposite a night club. You won’t get any sleep. Lol!

Yea you would think/hope so. It is not that uncommon for the odd ones to get sued over daft things like that. Obviously the noise of the stadium would be expected by guests, being where it is.

Wonder what came first, the nightclub or that hotel. Either way you would think they would be investing in some secondary glazing. Probably have a clientele of stags/hens clubbers etc.

Reactions: jrb

Anyone who books into a hotel physically connected to a football stadium and then goes on to complain about the noise from a football match is obviously deranged.

I knew someone who was always moaning about noise from his neighbours in a very studenty part of Edinburgh. He subsequently relocated to London and moved to Soho. Guess what happened next? Yes he complained to the local Environmental Health people about noise!

Reactions: jrb
Anyone who books into a hotel physically connected to a football stadium and then goes on to complain about the noise from a football match is obviously deranged.

I knew someone who was always moaning about noise from his neighbours in a very studenty part of Edinburgh. He subsequently relocated to London and moved to Soho. Guess what happened next? Yes he complained to the local Environmental Health people about noise!

I think it was pretty clear it wasn't noise from the stadium we were talking about. But yes agree, it would be entirely expected and part of the draw even.

As most games finish no later than 10pm throughout the season, noise from the matches won’t be an issues, especially with no atmosphere and noise at the Emptyhad.;-)

However, the shouting, screaming and singing after the Coop Live Arena concerts from concerts goers, especially groups of concert goers, leaving the Coop alive Arena late bars and restaurants leading up to the hotel and inside the hotel might be an issue, especially during the Summer months.

It’s better to have a room on the dog leg part of the hotel facing the North stand where is will be quietist. Don’t get a hotel room on the left claw above the fans zone or a hotel room on the dog leg facing the Coop Live Arena. With the added noise of taxis arriving and leaving.

IMG_0715.jpeg

Had to go to the ticket office today so I took the opportunity to take some pictures. Didn't take the ladders as the construction site was active.

There are two of the large cranes onsite, forgot the name and model, which are similar to the crane used on the South stand expansion. Absolute monsters compared to the other two smaller cranes also onsite.

One concrete cores is going up. Concrete being poured.(2nd set of pictures)

I was told the 2 steel supports along with the current roof cables will be taken down. Yes, they are going.

23 pictures in total over 2 posts.

DSC04726.jpg

DSC04727.jpg

DSC04728.jpg

DSC04729.jpg

DSC04730.jpg

The path is being widened for pedestrians so the hoardings can be moved further so the 5th and final crane can be erected on the construction site.

DSC04731.jpg

DSC04732.jpg

DSC04733.jpg

DSC04734.jpg

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.