North Stand Expansion

Danny Wilson will reply 'Tell jrb to fuck off will you Alex...
I’ve spoken to Danny Wilson in person.(name dropping) I’ve got plenty of time for Danny Wilson, believe it or not. I know from speaking to him and what he told me about his career at City that he has the fans at heart. But he has a remit and a job to do at City that doesn’t always put the fans first and foremost, which puts him in a tricky position.

I’ve spoken to Danny Wilson in person.(name dropping) I’ve got plenty of time for Danny Wilson, believe it or not. I know from speaking to him and what he told me about his career at City that he has the fans at heart. But he has a remit and a job to do at City that doesn’t always put the fans first and foremost, which puts him in a tricky position.
I've never spoken to Danny but I know he has had the fans at heart in the past. However, as he has climbed the greasy pole he has had to make huge compromises to his views. He will be tasked with meeting objectives in return for his big salary so personal views won't come into it. His current role is far above what he was for many years.

I've never spoken to Danny but I know he has had the fans at heart in the past. However, as he has climbed the greasy pole he has had to make huge compromises to his views. He will be tasked with meeting objectives in return for his big salary so personal views won't come into it. His current role is far above what he was for many years.
He's a good lad is Danny, first met him when he was bottom rung, John Wardle era.

PS.

Can you ask the club for an update on the proposed 700 GA+ seats at the front of NSL2. Are they staying or are they going?

Are there any plans for safe standing seats on NSL2 or NSL1 regardless of the quantity and location on either tier?

Are there any plans for a singing section on NSL2?

Will standing be allowed on NSL2 or will sitting be strictly enforced by the club and stewards? Which could cause problems with fans determined to stand.(block 109)

Are there any plans for cheap season tickets and cheap match day tickets on NSL2?

Will there be a block put aside for the vocal younger fans with cheap season tickets and cheap match day tickets?

Will fan flags and banners be allowed on NSL2?

When are the club going to announce the seating plans, season ticket, match day tickets prices, etc for NSL2?

Does the club see the North stand and NSL2 as a proper home end? If so, how are they going to create that? If not, what do they see it as? Is it atmosphere over match day revenue, or revenue over match day atmosphere, or is there room for both?

Thanks again.
Well said at @jrb you should email Alex that as that is the question I would be asking Danny Wilson

Off topic. Apologies.

That’s what happens when you become a director. You’re expected to deliver results.

I’ve seen that myself at the company I work for. I used to feel valued by the company. Now I’m just a clocking number. The CEO and directors used to speak to us in person. Now they don’t even acknowledge us. It’s now all about payroll, revenue and profit, whilst cutting costs and expecting the staff to do more.

He would say that, but like you say, he will be targeted on ££ growth. He will earn bonuses based on ££ growth so whilst he may be a decent bloke, unfortunately he will have someone to report to and maximising revenue will be the priority.

Reactions: jrb
He would say that, but like you say, he will be targeted on ££ growth. He will earn bonuses based on ££ growth so whilst he may be a decent bloke, unfortunately he will have someone to report to and maximising revenue will be the priority.
Correct.

At the end of the day the owner of City is Sheikh Mansour. Everyone under him at the club works for him and reports to him via Khaldoon and Soriano.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.