North Stand Expansion

There is a £2b redevelopment of the area planned. I’ve heard Mayfield Depot where the Warehouse Project is will be going and range of developments on the cards.

This article gives a little bit of info on some of the plans

Hope the club get involved with this, could be a game changer for the partially open rail link already existing to Ashburys and beyond past the stadium and into North Manchester.

There is a £2b redevelopment of the area planned. I’ve heard Mayfield Depot where the Warehouse Project is will be going and range of developments on the cards.

This article gives a little bit of info on some of the plans

No mention of a new rail link to the stadium. We will be stuck with the current transport options, which are not fit for purpose.

No mention of a new rail link to the stadium. We will be stuck with the current transport options, which are not fit for purpose.
Yep, yet the lines are already there and go all over the place, what a bonus! Probably because of the old Newton Heath depot links. Just seems like a chance to set the transport up for decades especially with a higher capacity stadium

Yep, yet the lines are already there and go all over the place, what a bonus! Probably because of the old Newton Heath depot links. Just seems like a chance to set the transport up for decades especially with a higher capacity stadium
They are painting signs on the walking route back to Piccadilly - what more do you want !!!

Any info mate ?
1500 homes, huge office space, the usual retail mix. £2bn investment.

Will make Etihad and Co Op arena feel closer to the City.

Developers were defo very excited about the Co Op opening - feeling it was a game changer for the city and great for their development sitting between Picadilly and the stadium / arena.

Hope the club get involved with this, could be a game changer for the partially open rail link already existing to Ashburys and beyond past the stadium and into North Manchester.

It’s nothing to do with City. They won’t get involved in it. Landsec, etc are developing it. Offices, residential, etc.

Driving the change is The Mayfield Partnership – comprised of LandsecU+I, Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester and LCR – which formed in 2016 with a shared vision to create a thriving green district. Overall, Mayfield will provide over 2.3m sq ft GIA office space facilitating 13,000 new jobs, 1,500 homes, over 200,000 sq ft of retail and leisure, a new 650-bed hotel and 13-acres of public realm, including Mayfield Park – the city’s first new park in over 100 years.

Off more interest as regards transport close by.

Transport for Greater Manchester has acquired Downing Street Industrial Estate in Ardwick for around £15m, according to market sources.

It is unclear what TfGM plans to do with the site but it is understood the acquisition is related to the Bee Network.

IMG_1130.jpeg

When the North Stand is built some fans will mill around before and after games and the transport may cope better, I reckon that's what the club and TfGM are hoping for anyway. Time will tell on that. Plus the walking routes to Piccadilly (and Sandhills Metrolink for the Bury line) will be nicer, hopefully.

The lines don't really go all over the place even though it looks like that on the maps so it isn't an easy or cheap development option rail-wise. Re-opening Park station would do pretty much the same thing in terms of destinations and cost a huge lot less.

What’s needed are more park and rides about a mile or two from the ground in all directions. I would park there and get the bus instead of parking as close to the ground as I can without getting caught in traffic. More bus lanes around the Etihad just for match days would be good as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.