North Stand Expansion

Coaches and buses are parking on the cycle lane opposite the CFA stadium.

The picture I took shows that and a cyclist having to use the busy dual carriageway going past the CFA instead of using the cycle lane. 1st picture.

You can just make out the cyclist infront of the white coach.

2 different home games.

Wolves.

imgN

Real Madrid

PXL-20240417-181934994-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240417-181851741-MP-2.jpg
The cyclists can thank burnham and his mates at the council. People have to park somewhere. Wait till the first arena clash, it will be bedlam when we play West Ham. Etihad campus has world class investors back up by a corner shop council and completely disinterested Tory government. My one hope is labour government will get the act together on trams trains and bus infrastructure.
until then we need a rethink on the parking, we need more not less!

The cyclists can thank burnham and his mates at the council. People have to park somewhere. Wait till the first arena clash, it will be bedlam when we play West Ham. Etihad campus has world class investors back up by a corner shop council and completely disinterested Tory government. My one hope is labour government will get the act together on trams trains and bus infrastructure.
until then we need a rethink on the parking, we need more not less!
That shouldn’t mean parking dangerously though, that’s no excuse. There’s plenty of safer places to wait.

And you do realise Andy Burnham IS Labour and IS trying to sort out those things you mention? Reregulation of the buses is much, much better than the horrible mish-mash of companies we had before. Mainly taking these sort of decisions out of Central Government is best.

That shouldn’t mean parking dangerously though, that’s no excuse. There’s plenty of safer places to wait.

And you do realise Andy Burnham IS Labour and IS trying to sort out those things you mention? Reregulation of the buses is much, much better than the horrible mish-mash of companies we had before. Mainly taking these sort of decisions out of Central Government is best.
Yes of course and the bus reg is a good thing, but the parking restrictions are a very poor idea given almost no extra public transport as yet

There is a £2b redevelopment of the area planned. I’ve heard Mayfield Depot where the Warehouse Project is will be going and range of developments on the cards.

This article gives a little bit of info on some of the plans

My firm has seen no less than 3 proposed BTR resi schemes from developers in what’s dubbed “Piccadilly East”, which is in the vicinity of Mayfield. All 20+ storeys.

Even a Scouser gets the odd decision right!

I think I've managed to confuse myself over the new and old NS roofs (or we just don't know yet).

Are the cables coming from the top of the new steelwork supporting the new roof, as the beams don't look anywhere near deep enough to cantilever it? Are they also supporting the existing cable net system allowing the old roof to be taken apart? I know @Coatigan thinks (or thought) that the cable net will be truncated and connected to the ends of the new roof, although I'm still doubtful on that myself. If not the cables attached to the top of the new steelwork, has anyone come up with a viable idea of where the cables for the cable net are attached?

I think I've managed to confuse myself over the new and old NS roofs (or we just don't know yet).

Are the cables coming from the top of the new steelwork supporting the new roof, as the beams don't look anywhere near deep enough to cantilever it? Are they also supporting the existing cable net system allowing the old roof to be taken apart? I know @Coatigan thinks (or thought) that the cable net will be truncated and connected to the ends of the new roof, although I'm still doubtful on that myself. If not the cables attached to the top of the new steelwork, has anyone come up with a viable idea of where the cables for the cable net are attached?
I don't think the specidic anchor piece is in yet.

The way I see it, they are making a robust connections 'cage', that the cables will reattach to. The strongest of which is the middle and top portion. The whole thing will work together though, and offsets diagonally down towards the stand. Till the back bit that grounds it is added, at which point it would spread more evenly. I'll do some arrows of how I imagine it all works at some point. Definitely highly intriguing though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.