North Stand Expansion

If anyone is interested? Off topic. I accept it’s the Anfield Road stand and not the KOP, but how not to build a stand behind the goal. Note the positioning of the seating in the corner of the away end in the upper tier overlooking the Liverpool fans in the main stand and not facing the pitch.

View attachment 95650

View attachment 95651

That doesn't even look bad compared to where the side stands meets the stand behind the goal on the right hand side of that first picture. What is going on there?

No mate, you can't get a decision notice until you've got the legal agreement signed. Otherwise there'd be no obligation for you to sign up to it, you'd have your planning permission and be off into the sunset! The committee have resolved to grant planning permission subject to the completion of the S106 Agreement so the Council have delegated authority to issue a permission once that's completed.

Not reallly though? But might PM you, purely not to bore anyone else.

Anyway, you could well be right, and that could be the reason. The report put forward to the board did state the applicant had entered into a S106 agreement, back then. So they would have all known at the very least the obligations. I'm not convinced, but will split my guess 3 ways then. It could be just processing/uploading delay. Or, it could be that because so much of the approved material includes the screens, that until that separate application is dealt with the conditions just can't be relevant. Who knows. In real terms though, really doesn't change anything, it is as good as done.

Unless.. The screen application gets refused (or needs a reduction). In which case, condition 2 of the approval and the affected submission parts of it need amended, for the approval to be complete.

To put the last point above in simpler terms @supercity88

It is approved subject, to 58 noted conditions. Condition 2 lists the approved drawings and documents. Many of which show the screens. Which are being dealt with under a separate application. If that is refused or requires changes to approve, then the drawings under condition 2 of the main application need to go through an amendment process. Instead of that, and the processing costs and time invilved, you hold off the approval until the screen application is settled.

If anyone is interested? Off topic. I accept it’s the Anfield Road stand and not the KOP, but how not to build a stand behind the goal. Note the positioning of the seating in the corner of the away end in the upper tier overlooking the Liverpool fans in the main stand and not facing the pitch.

View attachment 95650

View attachment 95651

Compare that monstrosity with the Etihad.
IMG_0941.jpeg
No bending your neck at right angles to watch the play at the other end of the ground.

That's the official line from the FA. In reality we know why Anfield will never get an England international match again. Booing the national anthem before an England match hasn't gone down well with the FA and England supporters.
And more importantly do you want international visitors walking the streets of dipper land, what could possibly go wrong!

View attachment 95650

View attachment 95651

I‘m guessing the FA and PL have insisted that Liverpool comply with the requirement to install large screens as part of this redevelopment.

I‘m guessing the FA and PL have insisted that Liverpool comply with the requirement to install large screens as part of this redevelopment.
Ita a proper cock up of a stand it looks like it's been designed by Lego.!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.